300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKRT Knife Review

I posted a video review of the CKRT Bluepoint knife. In a word, garbage.

I think you mean CRKT. I couldn't find any such thing as a CKRT knife.

CRKT's retail for about $30 for the size you had in the video.

edit: Also, I just read a few pages about counterfeit CRKT knives on the market and how crappy they are. Read several articles about how great CRKT's are. Maybe you have a counterfeit? I dunno. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Last edited by Shush; 11-19-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Its funny because I made this video as my first one and was screwing around. I got done and watched it and thought it was mildly entertaining. CKRT...CRKT, either way, not impressed. On another forum I had some other user confirm the worthlessness of this knife. Anyway, thanks for pointing out my inaccurate product name. I'm in the market for an editor...any takers???

Comment

I've owned several CRKT knives of different models over the years. The vast majority of which I would say were decent to excellent knives...within their price point. Obviously, if one buys a 30-50 dollar knife, one should expect something less than perfect. I've not seen the bluepoint model, so I can't comment on it specifically.

CRKT has pushed out many different models over the years. Some of them have ended up being flops and failures.

All in all, I more or less think CRKT as a whole is up towards the best of the manufacturers of lower to mid - level knives. The M-16 and M-21 series are especially worthy of mention.

As was said earlier...There are a lot of cheap Asian CRKT knockoffs out there. Maybe you have one.

Comment

LOL people counterfeit CRKT knives? That's funny right there...

But I guess I'm a snob about knives. I will give CRKT this, they are not afraid to go out there and do zillions of models. There's a place for a knife company that does that.

... just not in my pocket.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Ya, crkt is poop. About the cheapest I'd go for a duty knife is $100. Spyderco makes a lot of good knives in that range
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

Next knife I purchase will be the Zero Tolerance 0301. I love the scales on it and it feels money in your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by rmack View Post
                Next knife I purchase will be the Zero Tolerance 0301. I love the scales on it and it feels money in your hand.
                I had one for a while, but never got comfortable with the torsion bar. Was always worried it would break when I needed it most. Ended up with a Strider SMF (the knife the 301 is based on). The Zt200 is a great option and doesn't have the torsion bar to worry about, same with the 561 if you like flippers.
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

I carried a M21 everyday for about 4 years. It served me extremely well.

I recently dropped some coin on the ZT560 BW and the quality of this knife blows me away.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ_208 View Post
                    I carried a M21 everyday for about 4 years. It served me extremely well.

I recently dropped some coin on the ZT560 BW and the quality of this knife blows me away.
                    It's only a matter of time until you try the xm-18.. Ask me how I know
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4435 users online. 277 members and 4158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X