300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Gloves

Hey fellas I work in NY and i've experimented with a couple of winter gloves in the past. My damascus gloves were to big and are impossible to properly hold my gun with. My UA's are easy to draw with but don't do much in the way of keeping me warm. Any suggestions?

Good luck with that. I have yet to find a working balance between warmth and flexibility. Generally, I run with a pair of black softball batting gloves and several chemical hand warmers in my pockets.

I have several pairs of 5.11 gloves to swap into when needed...spectra-lined, insulated, etc. but none of them are what I'd call shooting friendly.

Comment

I generally wear isotoner driving gloves most of the time. I have heavier leather gloves with thermal linings for when I have to be out working a crash or something. But then again, relatively speaking, it's not *that* cold in central Texas.
      Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
      Among Texas' finest
      Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
      Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
      Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

For "traffic" or other similar posts... thick Dockers leather gloves with sheepskin or sherpa lining.

For regular patrol- UnderArmour Cold Gear lightweight gloves.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I use these:

MW13_MG_95_Adj1_420x525.jpg

http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/the-original-insulated
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I have 3 pairs of Mechanix gloves that I use for patrol duty. One is the Mpact ones with the rubberized impact points, the other two are "traditional" Mechanix.. one has white text the other has the subdued text seen above. ^
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

These are not that warm but give you a little extra protection! gloves.jpg

Comment

You can't get any better than Outdoor Research military line of gloves. They are specifically built for cold weather weapon manipulation. I own 4 different types and love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by rmack View Post
                  You can't get any better than Outdoor Research military line of gloves. They are specifically built for cold weather weapon manipulation. I own 4 different types and love them all.
                  which ones are you wearing for winter patrol?
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

http://military.outdoorresearch.com/...category/2313/

Comment

Those. They go on sale 2 or 3 times a year for half off, iirc. If not those, the Mechanix.

Comment

Nice. Are they pretty warm?
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6376 users online. 369 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X