300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear polarized lenses?

Anyone know of a company that makes "sunglasses" with clear polarized lenses. The only thing I have found so far is this:

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/

Looking around to see if there are any other options though. I've googled, but haven't been too successful. Thanks!

Polarization is supposed to filter out reflected light, which assumes that you are going to be in a high light environment with reflective surfaces. Because it needs to filter out the reflected light, I don't know how it would be possible to have clear polarized lenses.

What would you be using clear polarized lenses for?

Comment

Well, polarization in sunglasses has nothing to do with the tint of the lens. The polarization is a filter that is inside (or compressed to) the lens itself. And they aren't just for "high light" environments. They reduce glare and haze created by highly reflective surfaces, such as water, roadways, car windows etc. I thought I copied a direct link, but I didn't so here you go:

Polarized Photochromic lens - http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/index_...em_id=SP048106

I don't necessarily need the photochromic feature, but they are all I've found. Plus these are quite expensive.

I wanted to try them out on night patrol when the situation permits, i.e. vehicle stops, building checks, etc. Whenever there is glass that needs to be looked through, haha.

Comment

Oakley might do what you want. They do polarized lenses and clear prescription lenses. At worst I would think all you'd need would be a prescription from your eye doctor.

Contact them here:

(800) 525-4334
        Fax Us: (800) 294-0460
        Email Address: [email protected]

Comment

A couple of years back these guys sent me a complementary pair of safety sunglasses. It appears the link is still valid. You might want to check out the site and see if polarized lenses are an option.

http://gatewaysafety.com/contact-forms/sh1/

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            A couple of years back these guys sent me a complementary pair of safety sunglasses. It appears the link is still valid. You might want to check out the site and see if polarized lenses are an option.

http://gatewaysafety.com/contact-forms/sh1/
            Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Re: your first post, I've looked over Oakley's stuff but can't seem to find anything. I don't wear glasses or contacts so I think I'll skip a perscription pair for now.

This may be a lost cause and more trouble than what it's worth lol, but I'd at least like to see if there are advantages to it for night patrol.

Comment

I went the prescription (The doc literally wrote a prescription for no correction needed in the lense) route with my local eye doctor, thinking along similar lines for night use. To be honest, I don't/didn't notice a difference and now they just sit in the glove box. Other eye professionals I consulted said that polarization generally works best with some level of tint.
              Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

Hmmm...Good to know. I didn't think about them being able to do no correction lenses. Everything I've read so far about polarization and tint doesn't indicate there is any relation, but there's nothing like good ole' personal experience. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I wear Tiger Eye lenses for hazy/lowlight situations... much more natural light than the amber/yellow. I used to wear clear lenses, but with reflection and glare the Tiger Eye is better.

I still wear clear lenses riding my patrol bike at night, but during the day on regular patrol I wear smoked, dark lenses.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I heard these work well:

Comment

Kanye!
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3676 users online. 138 members and 3538 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X