X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetactical belt clip

Hello everyone,

I am new to officer.com

I recently started selling a product that I invented called the Magnetactical belt clip listed at www.magnetactical.com which is where I sell them from. Also on the website is an instructional video. Let me know what you all think.

You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Devin
    Last edited by Bearcats; 01-19-2015, 11:18 AM.

I'll be completely honest with you, but this is my opinion.

1. starting at about 1:58, and continuing for about 45 seconds, is a section of the video that details how to place it on your belt. If someone can't figure out, based on its purpose and design, that it slides on the belt just like everything else - they need to find a new career. Just sayin'....

2. I do not want to rack a slide with it pointing at my dangling parts. I understand that in life or death scenario, one handed shooting may be a real concern, but in order to function as intended would require practicing with it and building that muscle memory. I'd be afraid of an accidental office pop.

3. I do like the fact that it could hold my cuffs for me, just not crazy about the idea of using it with a firearm. If you made a companion product of an insulated coffee mug with opposite polarity magnetics in the middle so that it would hold my coffee during a foot chase - I'd probably buy 3. :-)

All in all, seems neat - but not sold on the practicality of it.

Comment

LOL, thanks for the reply:

1- Yes, some guys need instructions on how to put it on, which is just fine because it can be a little tight.

2- First rule of firearms: Always keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target; your problem has been solved.

3- I'll work on the coffee mug thing......

Comment

Looks pretty interesting. Kinda pricey, though. Better than the way I was taught - hold the gun between your knees when reloading one handed and use my belt buckle for the slide to chamber a round.
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Just an idea...

Make it so it can double as a belt keeper. This way it can save space.

Comment

That mouse trap doesn't hunt.......no wait, you didn't build a better dog.....darn, something like that. Not sold at all. You take a gun from someone and put it on the front of you so that if you get into a fight it could be knocked off, especially if the officer has a rather bulbous midsection. I can do everything that magnet does for FREE. If I have one arm hurt I am not going to just stand there upright with my duty weapon stuck to a magnet and reload. I am going to me moving and seeking cover or a tactical advantage. I can put my weapon back in the holster or my waist band for the one hand reload. I can rack the slide on my belt or some other item.

I like that you were thinking outside the box, but it will not be a box I will buy.
            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Interesting.
              "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

IAM Rand,

Thank you for your reply. I'd like to address some of your responses:

-The Magnetactical belt clip is not meant to hold a handgun or any other weapon indefinitely; just until handcuffs can be safely placed on a suspect. Then the weapon will be made safe and locked in a box and a trunk. I had a co-worker who placed a handgun in his pocket after he found it on a suspect. While he was walking the suspect to his vehicle it fell out of his pocket onto the ground.

-It is true that you can do everything the Magentactical belt clip can do without it. But with it your reload times decrease significantly, especially with your off hand. The average bad guy can shoot 2-3 shots at you every second. So literally every second counts. To address your other point, you can also secure your handgun in your waistline without a holster and you can also place your extra magazines in your pocket without a magazine carrier; all for free too! But why would you do that when you can buy gear that is MUCH more efficient and effective?

You said: "I can put my weapon back in the holster or my waist band for the one hand reload. I can rack the slide on my belt or some other item." The technique you listed here takes a VERY long time...time you won't have if you're fully engaged by an aggressive combatant.

-The video was meant for demonstration purposes only. Of course you should train to move, seeking advantage and not just stand there while doing your reloads. I thought this would be obvious but obviously I was incorrect.

I do however have a few questions for you IAM Rand: Are you a law enforcement officer? And if so(or if not) what technique(s) do you employ to complete one handed reloads? I hope it's not the one listed above(back in the holster or especially not the waistband) because if it is you'll be screwed in this particular scenario.

Regards,
                Devin

Comment

Thank you sir. Contact me if you have any questions.

Comment

I remember from my trainings that if in a one-handed reload situation (wounded, etc), that if empty, seek cover and go low, hold the empty weapon between knees or under armpit, insert magazine, pickup weapon with one hand, rack the magazine on the duty belt, buckle, holster, whatever you can utilize to get the slide to release and get back into the fight.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                      I remember from my trainings that if in a one-handed reload situation (wounded, etc), that if empty, seek cover and go low, hold the empty weapon between knees or under armpit, insert magazine, pickup weapon with one hand, rack the magazine on the duty belt, buckle, holster, whatever you can utilize to get the slide to release and get back into the fight.
                      I was taught the same thing.
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

How well does it work when you're crouched over, prone, or sitting?

It may be more efficient when not under stress and when standing still, but does it remain so with diminished fine motor skills and while taking cover or moving? I can rack my pistol on my boot, belt, etc. and not have to worry about placing it exactly right or losing it. There are a lot of ways to trap and reload + rack a handgun that rely on gross motor skills, take no real estate on your belt, and are not so dependent on you standing.

What happens when you click Perpy McGee's gun to it and then the fights on? How do you retain it or even keep track of where it went? I'm just fine getting him to his knees and putting the gun on the ground and then cuffing him. To clip it to my belt in such a manner strikes me as less safe, not more so.

What happens if my wallet containing my bank cards, my swipe cards, or my smart phone get too close to it?
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Hey CC, I was also wondering if it will wipe out credit card or access control cards.

God help you if you have a suspect who decides to fight it out after you stick a gun or a knife to your magnet.

I appreciate the ingenuity, but it strikes me as a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Comment

Be a tactical place to hold paperclips for reports!!

Comment

Can you make it so it attracts bit*ches?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4126 users online. 260 members and 3866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X