300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x300 ultra

Anybody use one of these on duty? Worried 500 lumens might be a bit much, especially when indoors. Appreciate the feedback.
    In Valor there is hope

Is there really such a thing as too much light?

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
      Is there really such a thing as too much light?

Dunno? That's why I'm asking haha. Outdoors I'd say no, but indoors not sure.
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

I have a 600 lumen tlr-1 and i dont think its too bright inside.

Comment

500 is the new 300. Step up. You won't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            500 is the new 300. Step up. You won't regret it.
            I bought one, we'll see. The thing is huge on my m&p.
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

If you think it looks large on the M&P, try it on an FNS-9.

That said, I use a TLR-1 on my pistol and carry a 750 lumen Lawman. Once you get used to it, you'll find the 500 lumens very practical.
              John from Maryland

Comment

Besides lumens, is there any difference in the x300 and Ultra? Like size wise, or will the both fit the same holster??

Comment

I know you already ordered the Surefire, so this is kind've a moot point, but did you ever consider the Inforce APL? I personally prefer the paddles, the weight, 1 battery vs. 2 with same run time, and the overall look. Surefire make super quality products, but I'm not crazy about how big it is, specifically how far the light protrudes past the barrel. The fact the APL is only 200 lumens had no real bearing on me especially since the flood on it is so clean. Theres actually a comparison video on youtube of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmac47 View Post
                    I know you already ordered the Surefire, so this is kind've a moot point, but did you ever consider the Inforce APL? I personally prefer the paddles, the weight, 1 battery vs. 2 with same run time, and the overall look. Surefire make super quality products, but I'm not crazy about how big it is, specifically how far the light protrudes past the barrel. The fact the APL is only 200 lumens had no real bearing on me especially since the flood on it is so clean. Theres actually a comparison video on youtube of the two.
                    We're limited to TLR or x300, otherwise I would have tried the APL. They paid for the Ultra so I figured I might as well try it out. I'm planning on bumping it to my rifle and going back to the standard x300.
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
                      Besides lumens, is there any difference in the x300 and Ultra? Like size wise, or will the both fit the same holster??
                      The Ultra is lighter, but utilizes less aluminum in its construction.

Comment

A Fury belongs on your rifle, preferable the P3X.

Shameful.
                        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I run TLR-1 HL's (650 lumen) on both my pistol and rifle. I've never had an issue with back spill blinding me so to speak as long as I didn't do something stupid with regards to where I shined the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                            A Fury belongs on your rifle, preferable the P3X.

Shameful.
                            I like my light at 12 o clock
                            In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6028 users online. 345 members and 5683 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X