300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on HSGI plate carrier

I'm looking to purchase a plate carrier for dual use - swat and patrol/active shooter setup. I really like the HSGI woosatch-e, but can't get my hands on one without ordering it. My main concern is if this model is a bit big to fit over duty belt and equipment. The back piece looks to be pretty long. Anyone have one of their plate carriers who can comment? I'm 6'3" 225lbs if that matters.

If this one isn't gonna work are there any other recommendations?

The new 5.11 tactec looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I have one of theirs for 11x14 plates you can try for size. I haven't had any issues with it hitting my duty belt.
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

SCSU74, I'm in the St. Paul metro. Thanks for the offer! Yesterday I ordered one, got some measurements from HSGI and I think it will work. How do you like yours? I hear they make quality stuff.

Comment

Thoughts on HSGI plate carrier

I love mine, also have their med pouch and several taco pouches on my carrier. I've used it for several years without a single issue. Let me know how you like yours!

One of the better purchases I made was a SKD Pig armor bag. It's a padded bag for your plate carrier and also has straps for a helmet and several pockets for extra equipment.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Armor-Kit-...-p/pig.519.htm
        Last edited by SCSU74; 08-30-2014, 08:45 AM.
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

SCSU74, will let you know when it arrives. And thanks for the suggestion on that armor carrier, will definitely check it out! The guys at HSGI were really cool to work with. Nice to give business to a company that makes all their products here.

Comment

Ya, that was one of the reasons I went with them too. Great company and the gear is very well made.
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

for a good while now, the Banshee Plate Carrier has been the best bang for the buck (and with glowing reviews) and they're on sale now for what I think is the lowest price yet:

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....tecarrier.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Tapatio View Post
                for a good while now, the Banshee Plate Carrier has been the best bang for the buck (and with glowing reviews) and they're on sale now for what I think is the lowest price yet:

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....tecarrier.aspx
                But they don't come in 11x14... HSGI is much higher quality as well. Banshees are ok for a budget carrier though.
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5560 users online. 292 members and 5268 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X