Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covering tattoos in summer - suggestions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering tattoos in summer - suggestions?

Hi Folks,

My department's policy on tattoos requires those of us with full sleeve tattoos to cover up in the summer on patrol (wearing navy blue PDUs). We're looking at comfortable alternatives for summer and I'm looking for suggestions. We've looked at various arm sleeves and there are a number of issues with them. I'm about to test out 5.11's Taclite long sleeve PDU shirt. Anyone out there in this situation who has found a good alternative?

Thanks!

cko

They let you wear whatever you want? Our guys/gals wear long sleeves 5.11 pdu's or those spandex arm socks.
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Tat Jacket or Tat2X is what I think most agencies suggest. Our officers have to have tattoos approved, so a full-sleeve is a no-no. However, smaller visible ones are ok, for now.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3966 users online. 275 members and 3691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X