Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Pouch

Howdy all -

Started a position recently as a probation officer, and have been authorized to carry OC spray. Plain clothes, jeans and non-duty-style belt. Was issued a bulky ugly nylon pouch for the spray, which I don't like at all. Anybody got a source for a tan or brown leather pouch for a 2 oz can, with a snap-top, and a spring-steel clip or leather snap which would allow it to be put on and taken off without having to undo my belt? I like the pouches that Aker offers, but they only make them in black, and all the rest of my leather is brown Bianchi. Thanks all.

-Eric
    Last edited by RangerEric; 08-14-2014, 12:03 AM.

Probably not the answering you’re looking for:
    When not wanting to look officious, I carry a 2oz fox 5.3 stream
    in a small inexpensive clip on belt Velcro flap camera case.
    Readily accessible with arousing attention.

Comment

Not too worried about looking officious, the spray pouch will be joining a badge, gun, spare mag and cuffs on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerEric View Post
        Not too worried about looking officious, the spray pouch will be joining a badge, gun, spare mag and cuffs on my belt.
        Wasn’t sure if you were going casual or somewhat stealthily. As a veteran LEO assisting in countless locates and arrests of high risk parole and probation violators I found in many situations it was in our best interest not to visibly announce law enforcement presence when entering unfriendly environments.

Anyway sorry my post was of no help. Be safe and have a successful career.

Comment

Copy that, I agree, but "policy" has us in "Parole Officer" labeled external vests anytime we leave the office, not much hope for keeping it low profile I'm afraid. Appreciate the input and the sentiments.

Comment

There are several model of handcuff/ OC holders out there if you don't mind the can not being covered with a flap. LAPoliceGear.com and Galls should have them.
            Originally posted by Ceridwen
            Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Dontknowwhy, any particular model names or links you could provide? Maybe my Google Fu is just weak, but I wasn't finding anything along the lines of what I was looking for on either of those sites. Thanks for the help.

Comment

http://copquest.com/55-4000_ripoffs-...ace-holder.htm

What about this?

Comment

Was hoping to find something in tan or brown leather.

Comment

Copquest has a concealment oc/mag pouch by aker leather. It's brown and paddle.

Comment

http://nelsonleather.com/product_inf...products_id=49

This has a belt loop, not a spring clip. A.E. Nelson is a small company, and they've always been pretty cool about doing modification to their stuff on request. I would bet that they could do a clip instead of a loop. The only downside can be a little bit of a wait period for them to make the item.
                      RIP EPD Kilcullen EOW April 22nd, 2011

The wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4862 users online. 293 members and 4569 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X