300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
    I was actually looking at the streamlight too, might go that route, but was really turned off of streamlight after the terrible CS I experienced when my strion **** the bed
    Not a fan of crappy cs. Luckily i havent had to test it out yet [emoji2]

Comment

Used the surefire p3x fury all weekend and it is very nice. If the company I bought it from on the internet hadn't screwed up the order and given me the tactical version (single output) I would be keeping it. The company on eBay said they didn't sell the single output version and I would have to pay to ship it back to them for a refund. So its for sale now if anyone is interested

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer a Streamlight 20X LED for a full size flashlight. It makes for a weapon when you really need one. For an on-the-duty-belt flashlight, I prefer a Streamlight Strion LED. It's a hard duo to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
          How do you like the Thyrm? Im thinking about getting some to replace the RCS pocketclips
          I like it a lot! The ring is big enough to grab with gloves on and its quick to transition to using it with your weapon. The only down side is the plastic pocket clip, but on the other hand it hasn't broken yet and I've been using it everyday since it came out. I would recommend it if you're looking for a pocket clip for the light.
          "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

Comment

Like many others here, I like a good solid Streamlight SL20x for duty use. Keep it in my sap pocket out of the car, and between my legs in the car (that you HAVE to grab with your off-hand when you exit the car, always have it

I keep a Surefire 6P on a Blackhawk belt holder. Holds it great, either bulb up or down. Securely. Snaps on and off belt so I don't have to slide the whole train of crap on and off the Sam Browne to get it in place.

In my bag I keep my baby. If you spend ANY time at all on flashlight forums, you will hear about Gene Malkoff's flashlights. I have his 1000 lumen model, bought it for myself for Black Friday last year (around $150 assembled). Instant-daylight!!! Great for outdoors, but too bright for house searches, light bounces back off of light colored surfaces and back into your face. Obviously wayyyyy too bright for FSTs, just saying... Oh, he also makes drop in assemblies to make maglight and stream lights MUCH brighter
            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Anybody use a maglite? What is the common metal body model that most officers use?
              I have a Maglight rechargeable (about 3 cell sized) led light that I love. Lots of light. I use it at night for obvious reasons. I have a Streamlight pro tac 2L that hides on my belt as a just in case, and a stinger that I use during the day for dark spots (also have dual chargers for that). I also have a TLRs1 on my G22.

I have a lot of light (more than I realized I guess), but it comes in handy. I use them all in one form or another most of the time I work nights.

Comment

I can't figure out why some people think Surefire is so superior to Streamlight. My belt light is a Strion LED and it's been a faithful light for me for 5 years and going. It's indestructible, shock and waterproof, bright, has 3 light levels, and strobe. And it came with AC/DC home and car charger.

Comment

Originally posted by crawfish963 View Post
                  I can't figure out why some people think Surefire is so superior to Streamlight. My belt light is a Strion LED and it's been a faithful light for me for 5 years and going. It's indestructible, shock and waterproof, bright, has 3 light levels, and strobe. And it came with AC/DC home and car charger.
                  Because surefire is... My strion died after 2 years and streamlights CS was horrible. I'd rather pay the extra for SF and not have to worry about them turning on/off
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

Looks like I will be getting a R1 Lawman soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry 3 flashlights..

Pelican 7060 on my nylon duty rig for bike patrol or events where I am in "soft uniform"

LAPG Operator L1 and Maglite 125 on my leather rig, Maglite hangs off of a ring.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Anybody use a maglite? What is the common metal body model that most officers use?
                        I used a Mag D cell for the academy in 1991. There have been great advancements since then. We have semi-auto duty weapons now too.
                        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                          I used a Mag D cell for the academy in 1991. There have been great advancements since then. We have semi-auto duty weapons now too.
                          How do you carry it on your belt? All I've been able to find are rings. Seems like that would flop all over..
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

How do you carry it on your belt? All I've been able to find are rings. Seems like that would flop all over..
                            I put mine through the ring and stuff it in my back pocket. I typically only use the mag at night, like I said though.

Comment

Never said I carried it.
                              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I purchased a Terralux Infinistar DR, thus far is a great light. Has great light output and is a full size light for those times when it might need to be used as a weapon. Reasonably priced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4817 users online. 301 members and 4516 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X