Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights

Hey folks,
    Do any of you carry Maglites as your primary light? If so, do you carry a backup light?

I used to carry a Pelican 7060 as my primary but switched up and started carrying a Maglite 125 on a ring, which allows me to ditch the weight when not needed (school, sitting in car, etc). I have limited room on my belt for a backup light, but I could start carrying my LAPG Operator light again. What do you guys do for building searches?

Do you think I should carry the Maglite and backup? Or switch back to my 7060 as a primary?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jchughes05; 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I carried the same 2 cell D battery maglight for 25 years. Now I carry it when I walk the dog at night. lol. One flashlight was enough for me.

Comment

I carry a surefire fury clipped to my left pants pocket and have a streamlight stinger LED on my vest, not to mention the surefire x300 on my glock. But I work midnights, so I need a good flashlight no matter what cuz its a horrible feeling when you're chasing a guy and your light goes out.
      "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen."

Comment

I have a rechargeable LED maglight, and a streamlight pro tac 2L on my belt as a backup. I am going to get a Stinger soon though.

Comment

I carry several, not including my gun light.

I went back to patrol, and my primary light is my rechargeable Maglite with the Teralux LED 1000 lumen upgrade. BLINDING on traffic stops and other night time outdoor fun and games. I also have a Pelican 7060 LAPD light for 10-17's and report calls where I need a bright light but not blind everyone around me.

I ALWAYS carry a rechargeable streamlight strion on my gunbelt, day or night as a second light.

Comment

Does the 1000 lumen upgrade work with the Maglite 125 rechargeable or just the MagCharger?
            I carried the 7060 for years when I was on the street, never let me down. If I go back to the street due to Promotion, I may wind up going back to it and keeping the Maglite in the car.... haven't decided yet.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I second what Careerchange said about the Terralux conversion. It was like I had a new light. I put this on my rechargeable Maglite, which I bought in '87. Can't go wrong having this in the car at night.

http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tle-310mr-ex/

Comment

No idea on the Mag 125. I'd check out Terralux's website, and then hit ebay because I've found they are about 50% cheaper then buying from the webstore.

Comment

Powertac warrior reloaded as primary, surefire LX2/surefire x300/streamlight micro as backup If your primary is a rechargeable always carry a non-rechargeable backup.
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

I have 2 Stingers LED HL. One on my belt and one on the charger in my squad. I also have a TLR-1 HL on my pistol. All are bright as hell with no issues so far.
                    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I carry the MagCharger as my primary light. Its plenty bright for patrol work, and seems to common around the squad room. I carry mine in my weakside back pocket when out the car. In the car I slide it between my thigh and seat belt buckle. In my opinion a primary light should do 2 things: shine and be heavy/sturdy enough to double as an impact weapon. I dont want a stobe, multi-colors, and anything else.

I carry a Streamlight Scorpion on my belt as a secondary light. For the light and leather pouch it was probably $100 and well worth it. Its great for searching cars, when your under the dash or seat and the Mag is too bulky. And its bright enough to search a building when your primary light gets left on the charger in the locker room.

I also carry a streamlight Microstream in my pocket next to my pen. Its about the same size and it is bright! For $20 you cant go wrong with it. Just throw it in your pocket and forget its there until you need it.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I carry a $12 LED light from amazon, plenty bright, durable and rechargeable. Don't need anything overpriced with a fancy name, it's just a light. Still going strong 18 months later.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
                          I carry a $12 LED light from amazon, plenty bright, durable and rechargeable. Don't need anything overpriced with a fancy name, it's just a light. Still going strong 18 months later.
                          Eesh.. let me know how that works out for ya
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Find a light similar in size/weight to a Streamlight Stinger and just carry it on your belt all the time. It's not heavy and not really noticeable, but I have a light 100% of the time. Right now I do NOT have a backup light, though I do want to get one. For building searches, I use my Inforce APL attached to my G23.

Comment

Having gotten stuck out in the middle of nowhere when it was extremely dark, I know the value of having a back up light. My primary light is a Fenix P3D, and I carry a Surefire "Backup" in my back pocket. Regardless of what shift you work (day or night), there may be times where a good flashlight will come in handy.
                              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3336 users online. 151 members and 3185 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X