300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trijicon HD's Orange vs Yellow

Picking up a new pistol and am setting them up with the awesome HD's. I have yellow on my G17 and G19, but thought it might be time for a change.. What do you guys like?
    Orange
    71.43%
    Yellow
    28.57%
    In Valor there is hope

Its a tie if you ask me. I have yellow on my M&P and Orange on my XDm. I like them both about the same. I for some reason found yellow HD's for my M&P half price to the orange.

Comment

I prefer orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        Its a tie if you ask me. I have yellow on my M&P and Orange on my XDm. I like them both about the same. I for some reason found yellow HD's for my M&P half price to the orange.
        Where'd you buy them at? Cheapest I've found is $141 shipped from DSG
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
          Where'd you buy them at? Cheapest I've found is $141 shipped from DSG
          I got the Yellows for my M&P from DSG for $78. I guess it was just one of their sales. It was only for the yellow ones and only for the M&P's or Glocks.

Comment

Have you checked the police price on DSG? I thought I saw them around 100 last time I looked.
            "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
            1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

I've never tried yellow so I'm not voting here. Orange is closer to the red end of the spectrum so it has different effects on the foveal part of the retina -- retinal spectral coding -- orange contrasts more with most ambient colors so I prefer it. I mainly use tritium sights on pistols and scopes on rifles.
              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 06-11-2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Is this a duty gun? I've only ever used yellow/green and do not have the HDs, but if it was a duty gun I might stick to what I'm used to. If not I'd definitely try the orange.

Comment

I have tried both, and when it came time to purchase my own, went orange. I believe it sticks out more on more background colors. I can't really describe the difference very well, it just seems to have more contrast, if that makes any sense.

They are, hands down, the best sights for a duty pistol I've come across. They are a great blend of speed and accuracy, whereas some sights drift too far toward one at the expense of the other.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                    I have tried both, and when it came time to purchase my own, went orange. I believe it sticks out more on more background colors. I can't really describe the difference very well, it just seems to have more contrast, if that makes any sense.
                    It makes sense at least to me Sir as I said in post #7 in this thread.

They are, hands down, the best sights for a duty pistol I've come across. They are a great blend of speed and accuracy, whereas some sights drift too far toward one at the expense of the other.
                    I think they are excellent for rapidity of target acquisition and for accuracy.

Comment

Update:

I've been training to shoot with both eyes open. It is approximately a bajillion times easier with the orange Trijicon HD sights vs the stock sights on a Glock. The contrast of the orange is almost as good as a red dot.
                      I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by txleo-3 View Post
                        Have you checked the police price on DSG? I thought I saw them around 100 last time I looked.
                        ya, I emailed one of my friends what work there and $141 is the shipped price. Still cheaper than anywhere else I've looked.

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                        I've never tried yellow so I'm not voting here. Orange is closer to the red end of the spectrum so it has different effects on the foveal part of the retina -- retinal spectral coding -- orange contrasts more with most ambient colors so I prefer it. I mainly use tritium sights on pistols and scopes on rifles.
                        Very cool info!

Originally posted by Gmac47 View Post
                        Is this a duty gun? I've only ever used yellow/green and do not have the HDs, but if it was a duty gun I might stick to what I'm used to. If not I'd definitely try the orange.
                        The tritium is still green, with the HD's there is just a huge ring around the trit for faster front sight pickup
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post

Originally when I got yellow for my 17 the guy I got them from said the orange is much faster, but it has a habit of bleeding and makes distance shots harder as it's more difficult to pick up the top of the front sight. Have you noticed this at all?
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally when I got yellow for my 17 the guy I got them from said the orange is much faster, but it has a habit of bleeding and makes distance shots harder as it's more difficult to pick up the top of the front sight. Have you noticed this at all?
                            I have not. Once you learn the sight picture its still very fast and instinctive even at longer pistol ranges. I routinely draw and fire from 25y in speed drills and have no trouble with the orange. Back at 50 it starts getting more iffy, but I'm more iffy at 50 yards with factory sights as well. At that point, target sights are starting to take the edge. I haven't tried it past 50y.
                            I miss you, Dave.

Comment

You have to decide which matters more for the anticipated situation -- for short range, you get dramatically more rapid target acquisition at only a slight cost in resolution. Both effects are attributable to the longer wavelength of orange (lower frequency) being less resolute than the shorter wavelength (higher frequency) of yellow or green. Finding the target is easier with the broader brush. Pinpointing it can be more accurately done with the narrower brush.
                              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 06-26-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3233 users online. 132 members and 3101 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X