300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbeco External Vest Carriers V1 Vs. V2

I currently have one of the original Elbeco V1 TexTrop external vest carriers. I am thinking about getting one or two more. I see that they have V1 and V1. Does the TexTrop and DutyMaxx just refer to the fabric so that it matches the Elbeco shirts? I assume the West Coast DutyMaxx is just yet another blend of fabic?

Can anybody here tell me what the major differences are between V1 and V2? Is it just the addition of a cumberbund? Are there some extra pockets?

I wear a v2. The v2 closes front to back instead of back to front. My v2 also has 5 pockets.

Comment

didnt like the v2

http://imgur.com/a/eYznE

Comment

Front to back closure is preferred. Also the cummerbund is a nice feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakim View Post
          didnt like the v2

http://imgur.com/a/eYznE
          Nice review. You are exactly right about the velcro. That is my primary grip with this vest and is a huge issue with this vest.

But it is the only one im approved to wear so it has to do. It still beats an internal vest.

Comment

do you wear those inner shirts that they made for the vest?

Comment

The inner shirts are nice; however, I don't like the external vest. After a few short months of wearing mine in summer heat... the Velcro began to detach from the carrier. The agency's response to this defect was that we could purchase our own replacement...

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1508 View Post
                The inner shirts are nice; however, I don't like the external vest. After a few short months of wearing mine in summer heat... the Velcro began to detach from the carrier. The agency's response to this defect was that we could purchase our own replacement...
                is that with the v1 or the v2

Comment

Has anyone thought to take the vest to a Tailor and have new velcro put on?

Anything is better that wearing an internal vest. Forget going back to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakim View Post
                    is that with the v1 or the v2
                    Sorry for the delay. The V1

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1508 View Post
                      Sorry for the delay. The V1
                      people that i talk to that wear the v1 just bring it the dry cleaners and restitch the velcro

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        I am a LEO and own/operate a tactical nylon fabrication business in San Diego. We specialize in custom vests and have served many agencies and departments. Check out our website or email me directly to see if we can help.

Stay Safe,
                        John Wilde
                        Wilde Custom Gear
                        [email protected]
                        "We know that not everyone gets a second chance. We do it right the first time."
                        A Law Enforcement owned and operated business
                        www.wildecustomgear.com

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 360 members and 5974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X