Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Holder Recommendations? (Motorola XTS 5000 compatible)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Holder Recommendations? (Motorola XTS 5000 compatible)

I would appreciate it if I could get some recommendations on what type of radio holders you guys are using on your duty belt. Ideally I want one that hugs the belt very well so that it doesn't flap all over when I run or even jog. I currently have the Motorola NTN8381C leather holder but I really need to scrap that thing. It jumps all over the place, the belt loop piece is stretched so the radio sits pretty far from my body, and doesn't even face right side up most of the time.

I did a quick browsing of Galls but wasn't really swayed in any particular direction based on the reviews. Maybe items #NP322 or #RC031?

Thanks again.

http://www.porta-clip.com/

You can turn the radio around (battery facing away from body) and use the belt clip to really lock it in, but I've never had it come out even without the clip

Comment

I'm probably going to order one. Managed to find an old thread (2009) on here via Google and porta-clip seemed to easily have been the choice by most of the people that replied. Plus its at a great price. Thanks.

Comment

I have a porta clip and I like it, but always worried about it my radio jumping out of the thing if I had to run. I took a black hair tie from my wife and looped it around the back of the clip and up over the antenna. I can get it out if I need to but it wont come out if I run. Probably more paranoia than real problem, admittedly.

Comment

I've been using the Bianchi Accumold 7323 Radio Holster for about three years. It is a non swivel and hugs my body. It also rides high so when you are in your car, you are not constantly messing with the swivel type or lower riding holsters that make being seated uncomfortable. Since it is an open holster, I turn the radio face in so the battery is facing out to keep dust and dirt from getting into the buttons and keypad area. I've never had any issues with this holster and it is the most comfortable one I have ever used.

I used a swivel holster for a few years and ended up bending my antenna really bad because I couldn't sit comfortably in the car without having to push the holster in such a way that the antenna was bent into the seat funny. Also a pain in the *** when you are running to have to hold your radio to keep it from flopping back and forth. I had one come off during a foot pursuit and I had to carry the damn thing the whole way until I was able to control the situation then re-attach it to my belt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6035 users online. 309 members and 5726 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X