300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should it last?

What is the average service life of a duty holster, and is there a policy on how often your supposed to, or have to replace them?

There is no policy per say but when it gets all scratched up, banged up or quits functioning properly then its time to get a new one. Some people are harder on duty equipment than others I go through holsters every 2-3 yrs. The new Tac finish holds up better than the leather.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I had my first holster for 3 years before we switched guns. It was a thick leather Safariland with the rotating hood. Since 2009 I've had the same Serpa level III plastic holster. I don't think there are set "rules" but when they start to geat beat up or so, I would say its time to ask for a new one.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Mine lasts until the newest fad becomes available.
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

What can go wrong on an als holster that it needs replaced, does the als mechanism go bad after years of use or is it simply because of cosmetic reasons that you'd need to replace them?

Comment

Usually its cosmetic reasons to get a new holster. After all the wear & tear it starts to look like crap. Its still going to be functional but just needs to be taken offline.
            Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6434 users online. 367 members and 6067 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X