300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Blackhawk Level III Duty Holster

Well I'm sure this will NOT come as a surprise to some people, but I broke my Blackhawk Level III duty holster last night. I was getting in the passenger side of a Crown Vic and the grip of my Glock 17 (with Blackhawk Xiphos light) grabbed the "B" pillar and the belt loop portion of the holster snapped like a twig. Since day 1 I've carried this holster with the light mounted using Blackhawk's "high ride" belt mount as I find it to be much more comfortable then the standard that it comes with. I also have an level II light bearing Serpa I use for off duty.

Needless to say I'm not too happy it broke, but I'm sure glad it was under these circumstances NOT IN A LIFE OR DEATH FIGHT FOR MY GUN.

I have made the personal decision to switch to the Safariland ALS series for on duty (level III) and off duty (level II) and I will be switching to the Streamlight TLR-1 HL. Of course I see many hours of dry fire in my intimidate future.

PLEASE TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW WITH THIS SET UP TO TAKE A SERIOUS LOOK AT THEIR RIG AND THINK ABOUT SWITCHING.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    ― Edmund Burke

Are you using the CQC mount for it? That would be the biggest issue. Blackhawk SEPRA has it's issues but this one falls on you buddy. I'm happy though that it didn't happen during a fight.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Mid...,1575,1382.htm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

^that. I used one of those SERPA holster (the duty one) for a few months before I got a Safariland.and never looked back.
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Every time somebody posts something about the Blackhawk Serpa holsters being terrible, an angel dies.

Comment

I've come to call their products "Craphawk". Used them for several years until I found better items. Only thing I'm still using is the set up I have for my flashlight and multi tool.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I have some Blackhawk stuff around, but nothing I would use for duty. I love my Safariland stuff so much that I have off duty Safariland holsters that I use as well.

Comment

There's only one duty holster brand that I trust my life with, and that's Safariland, period.

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
                Are you using the CQC mount for it? That would be the biggest issue. Blackhawk SEPRA has it's issues but this one falls on you buddy. I'm happy though that it didn't happen during a fight.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Mid...,1575,1382.htm
                NOPE, this is Blackhawks high ride duty holster belt loop. At the bottom it reads FOR DUTY HOLSTER ONLY.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...s,838,1382.htm
                “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
                ― Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                  I've come to call their products "Craphawk".
                  Blackhawk makes some good items. I have a few of their slings and really like them. They also make good pouches or carrying bags.

Their holsters are complete crap though.
                  Last edited by ; 03-03-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Like a few others have stated. Safariland or bust. I love my holster.
                    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

"When you get to the point were all you want to do is be successful as bad as you need to breath, that is when you will be successful"

Comment

Originally posted by polizei1 View Post
                      There's only one duty holster brand that I trust my life with, and that's Safariland, period.
                      Dunno. Bianchi and Galco make some pretty good stuff.
                      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Glad it didn't happen at a worse time! I'm surprised Blackhawk is even able to offer their holsters as fit for duty. 99% of their products are crap, the only decent item I've found is the drop leg ar pouch, and even that has a poor design.
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Safariland 6360 light bearing on-duty, 6378 light bearing paddle off-duty

Comment

Blackhawk all day no problems on duty or off was issued a basic safariland without the hood cover and I took just about every ones red gun in training im no ninja just a normal guy also another big problem we have has is if you wear an outer vest and move a certain way it will open the hood on the safariland we had an agent who bent over to look under a car and his gun fell out and the sights got knocked off. I'm sick of walking around fellow officers and agents and telling them to check the their holsters.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                              Blackhawk all day no problems on duty or off was issued a basic safariland without the hood cover and I took just about every ones red gun in training im no ninja just a normal guy also another big problem we have has is if you wear an outer vest and move a certain way it will open the hood on the safariland we had an agent who bent over to look under a car and his gun fell out and the sights got knocked off. I'm sick of walking around fellow officers and agents and telling them to check the their holsters.

Sounds like you have an issue with the holsters as well as your duty guns. Is your agency issuing guns manufactured by Hi-Point or Jennings?

Sounds like a holster with a dual retention system would do the trick, as well as a possible adjustment to the carry location.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4215 users online. 246 members and 3969 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X