300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what baton do you carry?

just out of curosity what kind of baton, stick, bad guy thumper, impact weapon do you carry? My dept mandates the pr-24 in some way shape or form, we all caryy the XTS....and you?
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

ASP. The only problem is my dept purchasing Capt decided that since we all wanted the ASP baton (26 inch mid length) that he could save money by buying the short one. Now I have a 21 inch baton that is only useful to pry open car doors at wreck scenes.
    If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

ASP
      "The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side."
      .....James Baldwin
      American Author.

Comment

OPN's all the way

My "wonder tool" is a pair of OPN's. More versatile then an ASP or PR24. Check them out at orcuttopn.com.

Comment

21 inch ASP.

Comment

The small version of the ASAP baton on my duty belt, but I do have the largest version in my patrol car just in case I think I may need a longer baton.The actual measurements, escapes me right now.
            War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left.

Comment

26" ASP on my belt, a 26" and 36" wood stick in the car that I have had forever.
              never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

I was originally issued a straight baton, then a PR24. I carry the PR24 and straight in my trunk. I had to purchase the asp, as they are not issued. I carry the 26 inch. Our dept is mandatory when it comes to carrying an impact weapon. They no longer consider the flashlight a "real" impact weapon, even though we all know that is not the case. We also carry SAPS.

I am trained on the OPN's. I personally do not like them.
                "Don't bother to run, you will only go to jail tired!"

Comment

I carry a asap baton, but only because I'm cerified to carry it. I was certified through the ASP baton Company. Personally, I found the ASP training fairly laughable, like alot of Police defense tactics classes; at least in georgia(can't really speak on what other states do). I have studied Serrada Eskrima ( www.mettermartialarts.com ) and some Stick combatives ( www.hockscqc.com ). I'm far from being a master, but I can handle my ASP alot better now than I could after my ASP class. It seems to me, at least in georgia, that there is a attitude of "Here is a stick. Hit someone with it. Thats all there is to it". Kinda like telling a someone "Powerlifting is easy. Just pick up the heavy weight. Thats all there is to it.". I agree with samuel, I know that Nunchukes can be dangerous as well as the PR-24. I have seen people knock themselves silly with both, durning training. But, It does come down to your training and how comfortable you are with any baton or any weapon.

Comment

Post deleted
                    Last edited by SFairman; 06-24-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

we used to be able to carry the chucks way back in the old days but they stopped that. i was carrying the pr24 for a while then i switched to the 21 inch asp. ive never used my impact weapon to this day. if a dude is acting up, there's usually enough of us there to where we spray him and take him down that way. hell, with this new taser i got, it just got that much easier.
                      "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                      William Shatner

Comment

We are only allowed to carry an ASP. They took our side handled batons off us! We are no longer allowed to carry them. The bosses reasoning is that we do not get enough training in them(it costs to much). Rumour is that the bosses think that they look to intimidating and we do not want to scare anyone know do we.

Comment

One of my buddies...not to name names MEMPHIS PD...told me that the reason they have to carry wooden straight sticks with a little piece of rubber is that they have to get all of their new stuff approved by some civilian review. He said that it was a bunch of eubonic speaknig thugs on the board and their quote when the PD asked for ASPs was: "Why you gotta beat black people with a metal pipe?"
                          Live your Tactics, Hope is NOT a method!

Comment

FedDC, I have heard so much crap like that it still makes my head hurt. Off the topic at hand, but a dept I worked for was building a new building. One of the last things added to the building was a cyclone fence around the back parking lot; Police Dept personel parking lot. We did not have a jail at our office. We housed our prisoners at the sheriffs dept across town. Three days after the fence was put up, it was torn down. I came to work and asked, "What happened to the fence in the back parking lot". I was told that the "Powers that be", said it made the Police dept. look like a jail.

Comment

Originally posted by FedDC
                              One of my buddies...not to name names MEMPHIS PD...told me that the reason they have to carry wooden straight sticks with a little piece of rubber is that they have to get all of their new stuff approved by some civilian review. He said that it was a bunch of eubonic speaknig thugs on the board and their quote when the PD asked for ASPs was: "Why you gotta beat black people with a metal pipe?"
                              I think that is the most knuckle headed thing I've ever heard of.
                              Let's let the citizens decide what we need to do our jobs. "hmmmmm,
                              you don't need a .45/.40/.357 caliber firearm. It makes too big holes
                              we want you to carry and will only approve a .38 caliber with full
                              metal jackets - hollow points are too dangerous."

I cannot believe that they are leaving the decisions to equipment the department with untrained citizens. Just like stated before, it makes
                              my head hurt to think about it.
                              "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
                              Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3663 users online. 183 members and 3480 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X