300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove Pouches

We've all heard the reason you can't keep certain rubber items inside wallets and how they can be torn and eventually become ineffective from being kept in a warm location for extended times. I am wondering how that changes with the glove pouches for medical use gloves.

I keep my glove pouch in the small of my back and when I'm sitting in a car I know it gets warm and sweaty back there at times. I also have sweaty hands in general, and I've had a hard time getting those nitrile gloves on even when they have been kept in the box in a cool location. I would never be able to get a pair of medical gloves on in a reasonable amount of time if I really needed them, especially if they have been sitting in my glove pouch for weeks. Even if I moved it, body heat/exposure to hot temps is going to render them useless.

I'm just curious as to if anyone has ever addressed this before. I'm thinking about scrapping the thing from my belt and looking into an alternate system.

I rid myself of my issued glove pouch within 6 months of getting the job after I realized that I have plenty of pant pockets with nothing in them.. (God forbid your hands...) Every week I restock two new gloves into a cargo pocket. The old ones get trashed for reasons you already stated.

I keep spares in the car if I use them. I make it a point to not use them. The EMT's get paid to get bloody...

Comment

the air circulating in my glove pouch seems to be enough to keep things ok, but your mileage on that may vary. That being said, I also keep a couple of spare sets in my vest, where the trauma plate is. I switch them all out about every month, and do not have problems when I go to use them if its prior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
        the air circulating in my glove pouch seems to be enough to keep things ok, but your mileage on that may vary. That being said, I also keep a couple of spare sets in my vest, where the trauma plate is. I switch them all out about every month, and do not have problems when I go to use them if its prior to that.
        Vest!? Then where do you put a cellphone?

Comment

In the interest of keeping as much off of my belt as possible, I long ago ditched the glove pouch (as well as silent key keeper and OC). I keep gloves in a cargo pocket with spares in the car. My big key ring sits in the car, with a handcuff key, ignition key, and spare ignition key on my body. Party OC and personal OC are also in the car, and are easily grabbed on those few instances that I may want to use OC instead of a Taser or PR-24...

Comment

I've never had an issue with my small-of-back glove pouch and nitrile gloves. Mine get used and rotated pretty frequently.

I carry a full box of EMS gloves in my cruiser's cargo organizer.

Up front, I keep 4 or 5 pair in this, attached to my patrol bag. It's a little big for a patrol duty belt... maybe okay for a FF/medic.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-5005...ove-pouch.html

Overpriced, but convenient and easily refillable.
            Last edited by Resq14; 09-29-2013, 03:09 PM.
            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2796 users online. 146 members and 2650 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X