300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Kevlar Helmet

I neeed a used black Kevlar or PSGT helmet for training by September and for work. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks
    M.O.T.O.R. Unit: Make Others Take Our Reports.

Your department can usually get them for free from Uncle Sam, via the DRMO program or the "suport to drug enforcement agencies" program.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Thanks for your response, unfortunately no one around here knows beans about DRMO. Does anyone have a contact address, phone number or website info?
      M.O.T.O.R. Unit: Make Others Take Our Reports.

Comment

Get to the Dept. of Defense web site. I understand the DRMO program has mutated into some sort of commercial company with the contract to dispose of surplus gear. Also, each area of the country has a special office to give (FREE STUFF) gear to "drug investigative" agencies. {Hint: When you talk to them, always say the material is for drug investigations!} In AZ, agencies had to contact an office at Fort Bliss, Texas, IIRC. This is where departmenst get APC's for "drug warrent survice". Also free M16's, web gear, etc.
        If there is a military base anywhere near you, contact them & ask for the information. (Try your local Reserve training center, if they are not activated.) For years, every officer had a block on his/her evaluation about assisting law enforcement in ""the war on drugs". Your call let's them check the block off. Ask if they know what happens to their surplus stuff. A personal visit can bring surprizing rewards - they have refigerators, light bars, big screen TV's, etc.
        I'll stop by my local National Guard Armory & see if they know.
        Let me know if you need further help.

I read yhis over, and missed the obvious: Contact one of the larger PD's or SO's and ask them if they have the contact point!
        Last edited by Sleuth; 08-18-2003, 01:45 PM.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

E-bay is also a very quick and easy source for PASGT helmets. You can find them cheap and have them immediately.
          Brad C. Nelson
          <a href="http://www.Lightfighter.com" target="_blank">[email protected]</a>

• US Army 1989-2002
          • Reserve Deputy, Benton County, Tennessee

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4202 users online. 234 members and 3968 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X