300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth getting an ASP?

is ASP something worth having on a duty belt? I don't carry a taser or OC spray.

thoughts?

Could come in handy some day, if only for "opening up" a car window in a hurry.

I had an ASP, and added the flashlight to the grip. (Back then, it was kind of a Hindi Capâ„¢ for the ASP. Now Monadnock makes caps for other brands, including ASP.). After awhile, I changed to a Monadnock with the Hindi Cap and Power Safety Tip. The ASP/flashlight is now kept in reserve.
    I just like the Monadnock AutoLock® better than a friction lock.

One reader's opinion.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I would say yes, you need at least one less lethal though two is better (all IMO). I carry an ASP and OC since we don't have tasers where I work and carried an ASP with a taser at my old dept (we weren't allowed OC or I would have carried all three). The more options I have, the better.

The ASP isn't the best baton around (heard great things about the RCB baton) and hasn't always worked like I wanted it to, but it's great for breaking windows in a hurry, pushing/ pulling stuff out of reach, and scratching under your vest.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

You are not a sworn police officer. You should carry whatever your company issues you.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Brinks wouldn't be cool with you just adding whatever you want to your duty belt.

Comment

Originally posted by HollywoodJayy View Post
            I'm pretty sure Brinks wouldn't be cool with you just adding whatever you want to your duty belt.
            I'm sure they wouldn't care since I no longer work there since I've been hired with a police dept that doesn't issue any gear, and asks you to buy them.

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            You are not a sworn police officer. You should carry whatever your company issues you.
            I am. i updated my information for just for you
            Last edited by eyildiz; 08-15-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Wow cool attitude, I'm sure seeing as your a recruit you know it all and seen everything right?

Update your profile if you want people to have updated information for you.

Comment

with all due respect, I retracted my reply to you and going to PM you about your bitching and gripes, I'd like the thread to stay on topic so my question can be answered. I've reported your post to be deleted so topic can stay on topic

Thank you
                Last edited by eyildiz; 08-15-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Your attitude dictates how your treated, and I fight fire with fire. Don't assume you know it all yet again, maybe I have friends who work at Brinks? Last time I checked you have to be properly qualified to carry a weapon instead of playing cop in your armored truck.

Now I'll do you a favor and answer your question, Yes, if authorized, an expandable baton is a great addition to a duty belt, I myself carry a 21" baton. The more tools you have the more likely you are to leave a situation in a positive light.
                  Last edited by HollywoodJayy; 08-15-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eyildiz View Post
                    with all due respect, I retracted my reply to you and going to PM you about your bitching and gripes, I'd like the thread to stay on topic so my question can be answered. I've reported your post to be deleted so topic can stay on topic

Thank you
                    You are going to be real popular at the academy, we called your type the "golden knee pads"

Comment

You are going to be real popular at the academy, we called your type the "golden knee pads"
                      thank you. (if I'm sworn, that means I already finished the academy, just so you know...)

Comment

Your attitude dictates how your treated, and I fight fire with fire. Don't assume you know it all yet again, maybe I have friends who work at Brinks? Last time I checked you have to be properly qualified to carry a weapon instead of playing cop in your armored truck.
                        Nobody really plays cop in the truck to be honest with you. out of the 100 men strong branch I worked at, nobody played cop. and yes, you do have to be qualified. not sure where you are going with this.

Now I'll do you a favor and answer your question, Yes, if authorized, an expandable baton is a great addition to a duty belt, I myself carry a 21" baton. The more tools you have the more likely you are to leave a situation in a positive light.
                        much better.

what's the most popular size? I see 21 and 26 I think. Not sure what would be better. 21 is enough I think?

Comment

If you qualiy with an ASP and the agency allows it, by all means carry it. DO NOT carry or use it or any other weapon until you are certified/qualifed to carry and use it.
                          Originally posted by SSD
                          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

We're issued 26". Seems kind of sketchy that it's an option to not carry any less lethal options if you choose not to buy them. Look at rcb peacekeepers, asp is junk as is monodnock
                            In Valor there is hope

Comment

I carry a no name brand 21" baton. The thing opens every single time and is built well. I think I paid $25 for it. Im not spending 90 bucks on a name brand that I'm going to wrap around someones bicep or quad.

To answer your question: Yes, if you are approved to, and have been certified to. More options are always a better thing.
                              Last edited by FiVo3; 08-16-2012, 01:56 AM. Reason: add stuff
                              Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3864 users online. 169 members and 3695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X