300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMI or Serpa holster?

I am about to choose one of these two holsters ( IMI Z1150 - Serpa CQC )for my USP compact so any reviews from people that used them would be welcome!

Zero experience with the IMI, bit all of our plain clothes guys (myself included) wear a Serpa every day.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

IMI looks like a Serpa but from Israel. It is the Israel Serpa LOL This is the first time I have heard of IMI. Both holster look the same just a different name.
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsaints75 View Post
        IMI looks like a Serpa but from Israel. It is the Israel Serpa LOL This is the first time I have heard of IMI. Both holster look the same just a different name.
        yes they are similar but still IMI in comparison to Serpa CQC is less bulky
        Last edited by Iasonas; 01-07-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Have you looked at Frontline Holsters? They are an Israeli made holster dist by Mako Group. I have a few and they are awesome holsters. One of the guys at my shop actually lifted me off the ground trying to get the gun out, so thats something to think about if you are wanting retention.

Comment

I went to the IMI website and did not note anything I do not like. If I wasn't so invested in Serpas (one for each handgun I own), I wouldn't be opposed to trying one out.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

My son bought one when he was overseas. Although I didn't shoot with it, It appeared to be well made and robust. I don't personally carry for either locking mechanism, FWIW.
              "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

thanx to all, I will go for the IMI one

Comment

You may want to look at the memo from Health & Human Services Office of Inspector General, sent out by FLETC. It states that, after several officers shot themselves with Serpa's, both HHS OIG and USAF OSI have banned their use. A number of trainers will not allow them in their classes. The thread is under firearms.

IMI is Isralie Military Industries, they have been making ammo (and guns) for years. The US has bought a lot of ammo from IMI. I did not know they made holsters.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

I've seen one of the IMI holsters, but have not had the chance to do more than handle it briefly. It is trigger finger activated, however, the press-point in aligned along the frame; that is an improvement over the SERPA design. It remains to be seen if the holster body, the mechanism and the attachment platform are robust.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I've seen one of the IMI holsters, but have not had the chance to do more than handle it briefly. It is trigger finger activated, however, the press-point in aligned along the frame; that is an improvement over the SERPA design. It remains to be seen if the holster body, the mechanism and the attachment platform are robust.
                      I'm pretty sure that Dave Spaulding did a favorable review of their products a while back in one of the cop rags we get at the station....not sure which one off the top of my head. I think he had checked out the one without active retention, though.
                      "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4187 users online. 264 members and 3923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X