Camelbak Gurus??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camelbak Gurus??

Question...I have a 70 oz camelback bladder with camo cover, that slips into a backpack. Is there an adapter made that allows you to hook the drinking hose to a water faucet? The way the one I have now is, I have to unpack my gear, fill the bladder through the large opening, then put it back in the pack and repack around it. A pain in the @$$!!! I know I can rig a Katydyn or similar filter and fill through the hose. I've about worn out google and can't find a thing. I thought they used to make a faucet adapter but no joy so far.

There is a device used for filling water balloons that I've used in the past. Simply remove the bite valve, open then push the wedge into the hose to fill it up. Not sure if the device is sold individually. The one I got came in a pack with 500 water balloons.
    Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

Hi phillyrube,

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
      Question...I have a 70 oz camelback bladder with camo cover, that slips into a backpack. Is there an adapter made that allows you to hook the drinking hose to a water faucet? The way the one I have now is, I have to unpack my gear, fill the bladder through the large opening, then put it back in the pack and repack around it. A pain in the @$$!!! I know I can rig a Katydyn or similar filter and fill through the hose. I've about worn out google and can't find a thing. I thought they used to make a faucet adapter but no joy so far.
      I think this is what you're looking for:

From http://www.rei.com/product/695526/ca...filter-adapter

[ Edit: you can also get this from http://www.campmor.com/camelbak-filter-adapter.shtml ]

Depending on the tap you're using you may have to attach a filter first that has the right fitting for the spigot but you won't have to unpack and repack your CamelBak hydration gear.

Regards,

Monty
      Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 11-17-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10477 users online. 386 members and 10091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
      X