NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of watch do you wear or prefer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hapc
    replied
    It is a fun gadget watch. I rarely get into fights anymore, so I don't worry about damaging it too much.

Leave a comment:

• BiffMN
    replied
    Originally posted by hapc View Post
    Here it is
    After you post I had to Google it. I like the watch, but I'm a public employee I don't make that kind of money.

Leave a comment:

• hapc
    replied
    Never heard of this brand.
    Here it is

Leave a comment:

• Drummadude12
    replied
    Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    Dude, I haven't seen you around in a while!
    I didn't know my absence was noticed! Lol, never-ending college courses and work keep a man too busy for forums!

Leave a comment:

• BiffMN
    replied
    Originally posted by hapc View Post
    On duty I wear a Tissot Trekking watch. Off duty I wear all kinds of watches, I enjoy collecting high-end watches.
    Never heard of this brand.

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummadude12 View Post
    I have, yet another, $20 Timex Expedition. It has a glow in the dark dial, backlight, and date display. I only wear a watch at work or formal wear and it works well for both!
    I've been tempted to buy an old fashioned pocket watch like my Grandpa had. Not as useful on the job.
    Dude, I haven't seen you around in a while!

Leave a comment:

• Drummadude12
    replied
    I have, yet another, $20 Timex Expedition. It has a glow in the dark dial, backlight, and date display. I only wear a watch at work or formal wear and it works well for both!
    I've been tempted to buy an old fashioned pocket watch like my Grandpa had. Not as useful on the job.

Leave a comment:

• hapc
    replied
    On duty I wear a Tissot Trekking watch. Off duty I wear all kinds of watches, I enjoy collecting high-end watches.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    I use the G-Shock at work. I leave it in the locker and change the Citizen Eco-Drive watch out for the G-Shock (standard digital from Costco for $35) when I'm getting into uniform. Also if I forget the watch at home, I know I still have the one in the locker for work.

I really like watches. I have 2 Eco-Drive watches (chronographs), 1 for dress and 1 for every day wear. My goal is to own a Rolex Submariner one day......one day.

Leave a comment:

• basspro
    replied
    Luminox 3051 Blackout.

Leave a comment:

• CACBAND
    replied
    Casio G-Shock, solar/atomic. It also has a really cool "Time Memo" thing. I press a button and it records the time. That's a nice feature for medical calls, I can hit it on dispatch, on scene, vitals, ambulance transfer; for DUI's, contact, when I made them spit-out their gum, when they blew, when we draw blood, the list of cool things that Time memo does for me goes on.

Edit:
    I've had mine 8 years now. At a cost of about $100, it works-out to be pretty cheap investment.

Leave a comment:

• PDLPR8
    replied
    Agreed...Mine was $14, had it for 1 year. Before that: $17, bought it in boot camp, had it 5 years. Buy only what you're willing to smash/lose/break/wipe blood off of/scrape on ground. Just wear a watch and stop looking at you damn phone!
    Last edited by PDLPR8; 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mulligan3193
    replied
    For years I wore a Ironman watch. I really liked them but I was replacing them every four to six months after tusseling with somebody on the job. Whenever I put any kind of sideways pressure on the band (wrestling with suspects, climbing fences, etc.), the bars holding the band to the watch body would bend and the band would no longer stay on the watch.

I finally bought a G-Shock in 1997 and I have been wearing it ever since. It came with a ten year battery and I finally changed the battery out two years ago. I have been replacing the battery now every year (didn't realize how convenient not changing it out was) and I am now considering getting the solar powered G-Shock. Mine has been put through the ringer while on SWAT, training in the mud, rapelling, rain and snow, swimming, boating, camping, etc. It's been gassed, pepper sprayed, accidentally oversprayed with paint, bug repellant, sunblock, etc. I've dropped it, walked on it and left it sitting on the deck over the weekend (too many adult beverages and then forgetting where I left it...) You name it, it has endured whatever abuse I've thrown at it. It cost me $77 when I bought it so I think it has averaged out to be a better bargain than any of the cheap watches that some have mentioned replacing each year.

I like a nicer watch to wear for court or off duty occaisions. I don't like a tactical black watch with dressy clothes or for more formal times so I have another watch I wear about 20% of the time off duty but this one is my work watch and I can't say enough good things about it.

Leave a comment:

• BiffMN
    replied
    Right now a Casio G Shock. But I used to wear an Uzi brand but wasn't impressed by it. I also have a Timex Ironman for a backup that I keep on a shelf at home.

I just got a G Shock about a week ago. So far I like it. I think G Shock will be my new go to watch when I need a new one.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSheriff
    replied
    For years I had a metal band Timex I found at wally World for 35 bucks. After 9 years and 3 battery changes it finally died and just quit working. I tried in vain to find another like it, only to find out it was discontinued 3 years prior. The next three years I wore a 5.11 watch I got for free when I ordered a pair of boots or a couple shirts from LA Police Gear. Worked well but it did not have a light, and I found myself needing to read my watch in near darkness a lot lately.

I had been wanting one for a while now and I finally shelled out the cash and bought a Lluminox. Even the low end ones run almost $300. Been using it a week at work and I love it. I can see the second hand, even at night when I'm measuring pulse rates on tweakers.

I am not a fan of digital watches, and have worn an analog watch for the last 30 years. I think I finally found my last "work" watch.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4928 users online. 294 members and 4634 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X