Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of watch do you wear or prefer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of watch do you wear or prefer?

I am just curious what kind, color, brand of watch those on duty wear or have had good luck with. I am in the market for a new one so looking for suggestions...Also please share any stories or preferences on how you use yours or what it has helped you with, along with metal band versus leather band. Thx

I own a Casio G-Shock Illuminator. It's water resistant, shock resistant, and the retaining pins are enclosed with hardened polymer covering, so your wrist band won't easily break off. Has all the normal bells and whistles like lighting, alarm clock, timer, etc.......I've had this thing through 2 tours in Iraq and my current L.E. gig. It's only about 35-40 bucks, so I'd recommend one. It's not flashy, but incredibly strong and practical.
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

A Citizen brand eco drive in titanium (gray). Not expensive paid about 100 bucks on sale, No batteries solar powered and durable. It has a metal band (titanium).

Comment

1845 style pocket watch with a picture of my mom in the cover.

Comment

anything by luminox

Comment

I use a Black Uzi. its a plastic band, with all the usual things. alarm date light. It is big though, you can see the numbers from a distance!!! I love it. have had it for a while.

Comment

Casio Atomic Solar G-Shock Digital Watch

You should at least take a look at the Casio Atomic Solar G-Shock Digital Watches. You can get them at Wall To Wall Mart or probably less expensive at other on line dealers. I love the atomic watch because the time is right on. I went with solar because a friend convinced me several years back that you could save a whopping $10 (at least then) by getting a straight battery operated watch, BUT once you change the battery there is a change it will no longer be water resistant. Not that I am a watch snob, but I firmly believe that a cop should wear a watch and that it ought to be:

-Water Resistant

-Rugged (Shock Resistant)

-Accurate On Time Keeping

-Not Have To Mess Much With It (Thus Solar)

Off my soap box now and good luck finding the one you want.

Comment

I've always worn Fossil watches. No complaints so far.

Comment

whatever Timex is on sale at wal-mart. Think the one i wear now was $12
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

I don't wear a watch anymore, but if I was making a recommendation it would be for a cheap one that you won't mind getting broken.
                    "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I wear a Citizen everyday, everywhere. I bought it in 2005...June I think.

It's either this watch, or it looks identical to it.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/Engl...ber=BM6844-57P

Comment

Tag Heuer Formula 1. Just has time and date, but I've had it pretty much my whole career and it still looks great. Honestly, I love it and don't think I'll wear something else for a long time.
                        Originally posted by Ceridwen
                        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I've gone through two Casio G Shocks and can't say enough about the quality. My current G Shock has a black screen that is backlit when illuminated. I get the occasional compliment from co-workers on how good the watch looks.
                          Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Since the G-Shock is such a mother to set when I travel, I stick with my Luminox.
                            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Whatever is on sale at the Wal-Mart.

I can't fathom wearing one of my nice Fossil or Tag's on duty for it to get scuffed up or broken. Why spend 100+ on something like for duty wear when there's a $9.99 version that does the exact same thing and can be replaced 10-15 times over before you shell out as much as you do for a nice watch?
                              Originally posted by K40
                              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10573 users online. 441 members and 10132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X