300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Load Bearing Equimpent - Belt Plates

Does anyone have any experience with the Atlas Load Bearing Equipment plates that go on your duty belt?

They are supposed to do everything suspenders do without the weight on your shoulders by shifting the weight on your belt.

http://www.atlaslbe.com/products/tacplate-system

They are expensive at $169, but they were recommended to me by a friend who wears them. He saw my suspenders and showed me his Atlas system that he was wearing. He said he loves them and they were recommended to him by a female officer who also loved them. Obviously if they work and save your back/spine then $169 is cheap.

at least a couple prior threads on them where guys seem to like them... way overpriced for what it is.

A velcro belt system seems to do the same thing in my simple mind... and if you look at the pics, the duty belt actually has loop velcro on it. A hook velcro inner belt does the same thing, plus has much better contact than two areas.
    Last edited by Resq14; 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM.
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

You can search for my thread I did a whole write up on it. Yes the price is steep but I found it well worth it. This system does something different than an inner velcro belt system. These plates sit in-between your hip bones and distribute the weight of the heavy items on your belt. I'm still evaluating mine and going to update with pictures here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jseaman87 View Post
        You can search for my thread I did a whole write up on it. Yes the price is steep but I found it well worth it. This system does something different than an inner velcro belt system. These plates sit in-between your hip bones and distribute the weight of the heavy items on your belt. I'm still evaluating mine and going to update with pictures here soon.

My belt never really gave me too much lower back pain, but having bony hips and a 28" inch waist makes my belt really dig in.

I started wearing suspenders for 2 reasons.

1.) Short-term - take the weight off my hips.

2.) Long-term - save my back so I'm not a cripple when I retire.

The suspenders seem to work well, although they make my traps hurt and are a pain to put on and off. That's why I was looking into these.

If they work as well as suspenders I will have to look into them more closel

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3908 users online. 221 members and 3687 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X