300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commando Sweaters

I've seen various departments wearing these.
    Wanted to who which ones in specific wore them.
    From what I've heard, they're very comfortable in cold weather and look sharp.

Illiniois State Police
    Pennsylvania State Police
    Maryland State Police
    Wicomico County Sheriff's Office all wear them.

Feel free to chime in.
    Attached Files

Add:
    VA State Police
    SC Highway Patrol
    CT Capitol Police
    to the list.

Comment

The state park rangers here can wear brown ones. They say they're pretty warm.

I used to work with a guy who wore a black one off-duty. That and 5.11 khaki pants was all you ever saw him in when he was off.

Comment

Also
        Boston Police
        San Francisco Police
        Winfield WV Police
        Indiana State Police
        all wear them

Comment

US Border Patrol as well.

Comment

U.S. Marine Corps calls them "Wooly Pullys"

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
              U.S. Marine Corps calls them "Wooly Pullys"

Knew the Corp wore them, Coast Guard, and Navy wear 'em as well.

And yeah, some people know them as wooly pullys.

Comment

RCMP, but not as a stand-alone external garment, rather as a supplement to a patrol jacket (blue or hi-vis) or inclement weather (storm coat)
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

I wear a Blauer one, it has a liner in it like a jacket. very nice and very warm!!

Comment

Lexington County SC Sheriff's Office wears them.

Comment

Its 90+ degrees and humid and your thinking of buying a freaken sweater??? Just the thought of it is making me ill…
                      Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

My department allows it if worn over a class a uniform (tie). Personally I prefer a nice fleece. Actually, I hardly wear my actual winter coat...usually just the fleece will suffice.

Comment

Mansfield, TX PD wears them as well. I would rather wear them instead of a jacket. The only con is that they don't have any pockets for pens and whip out pads.
                          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Oklahoma City Police Department authorizes navy blue Blauer model 225 V-Neck, fleece lined sweater. They embroider the badge and name bar in OKC.

Last edited by Bighead; 06-26-2011, 11:17 AM.
                            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Chicago PD has them but who needs them with those leather jackets
                              Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7113 users online. 366 members and 6747 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X