300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Grunt Gear Infidel Warbelt, Contractor Belt & G-Code

On March 29th (evening hours) I ordered the USGG infidel war belt, the USGG contractor belt and 3 of the G-Code holster quick connect systems. The next day on March 30th I received an email stating that my order would take 6-8 weeks due to a large volume of orders. The USGG website now reflects the wait time but did not at the time of my order. I did not cancel however and decided to wait. The G-Code items shipped quickly and I received the order in less than 1 week.

At the start of week 6 I shot off an email to USGG to confirm that I am on week 6 and if the order would be filled at least by week 8. I got a quick response and related that my belt was being made the next week (week 7) and would be shipped shortly thereafter. The order shipped on the last day of week 7 and I received the order at the beginning of week 8. I just haven't gotten to the items until now.

I do a lot of T&E of weapons, gear etc for my employer but most items are provided as freebies so I don't normally do reviews. However I paid for all of these items so I thought I would review them as I get a lot of questions about my various set ups. I was wanting to look at this set up as possible replacement items of my units old belt systems. However I am not sure how long I would have to wait or if USGG could do an order of 65 or so belts at one time but that would have to be determined at a later time if it went that route.

Of course my initial thoughts are via video and I intend on updating and giving a better review after running the items hard. The below video is my initial impressions and what I intend to do with the items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbdYxgrgYc

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Not to be an ***, but what's your waist size, and what size belt did you get? ( it looks like there are just a couple more inches of adjustment visible in front of your right hand, us cold climate guys need to be able to flex about 4 inches for winter clothes.

Thanks

M-11

Edit: I can't load your video from here for some reason, in case you addressed my question there.
    Last edited by M-11; 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM.
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
      Not to be an ***, but what's your waist size, and what size belt did you get? ( it looks like there are just a couple more inches of adjustment visible in front of your right hand, us cold climate guys need to be able to flex about 4 inches for winter clothes.

Thanks

M-11

Edit: I can't load your video from here for some reason, in case you addressed my question there.
      I am a 34" waist and the Infidel is a medium sized belt which is 34-39". This seems like a true to size adjustment as you can adjust at least 3" per side. The Contractor Belt is a 32-36 and is also true to size. Even as a 34" waist I can adjust about 4" larger. The following post is an update.
      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Update on the USGG Infidel and Contractor belt.

Loaded up both belts and ran them for a full day today. This is the first combo set up. I will probably change things around. I am looking at getting pistol mag pouches that are universal in fit and am looking towards Taco pouches. I can easily change holsters for pistols but I need to add mag carriers to suit different weapons. My initial thoughts is that I am really liking the system so far, but it is still early. Both belts are extremely secure when attached to the under belt run though the pants belt loops. No shifting at all.

I mostly wore the contractor belt in the configuration shown in the picture as a light concealed set up for the day. Not a true conceal set up but I was more interested in running the items. Also the contractor belt will be used as a stand alone pistol bearing belt when I am in armor and I only plan on running the holster, dump pouch and drop leg attachment. All items except the holster and dump pouch easily come off if I chose.

I ran the Infidel belt for a short period of time and I am experimenting with the primary side horizontal M4 mag mount. Might try that position for primary pistol mags. Again this molle belt needs to carry most of my needs as it will be a belt ran without the benefit of molle armor. The belt again was very secure. The belt is pretty lightweight but it was loaded up and it did not want to move or shift at all when attached to the inner belt.

The G-Code connect system seemed to work very well and felt very secure. I did note that the belt mount set up on the contractor belt was not fine tunable for adjustment of cant. Even though you can rotate the mounting plate, the adjustment goes to far either forward or rearward for cant. This should be looked into by the manufacturer. However doing what I do, I was able to drill mounting holes in between the standard hole locations for my own custom cant preference and it worked out great.

I also noted that the stand alone G-Code spare disk was able to mount well to the Blackhawk CQC Strike molle mount that I had on my vest. I removed the Blackhawk disc and used the molle Strike CQC platform mount. It worked very well as the Blackhawk Strike CQC is adjustable for a 45* cant instead of just vertical or horizontal.

Here is my initial set up. I already owned all of the pouches etc to go onto the belts.

USGG Contractor Belt L to R
        Eagle FB belt mount triple pistol mag pouches
        Eagle FB M4 pouch
        BH Drop leg buckle
        Maxpedition dump pouch
        Safariland holster on G-Code Belt mount
        BH molle cell phone pouch

USGG Infidel Warbelt
        Eagle FB double pistol pouch
        BH Drop Leg Buckle
        Eagle FB M4 pouch
        Benchmade Nimravus
        Maxpedition Dump Pouch
        Maxpedition Light pouch w/Lumapower Lumahunter MRV
        D Ring
        Grimlock
        G- Code Molle attachment ring
        Safariland Holsters
        Eagle FB M4 Pouch

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3035 users online. 182 members and 2853 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X