Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot recomandation for someone standing and walking entire shift?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot recomandation for someone standing and walking entire shift?

Hey guys I just got hired part-time as a non-certified park officer. I am going to be carrying everything except a gun, and will be walking and standing almost my entire shift (7-8 hours). I've never purchased duty boots so I am not sure what's good. You guys recommend boots under $150 that's comfy, keeps feet cool, and black? Thanks!

One word, Danner
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
      One word, Danner
      I disagree. Danner, while a fine boot have soles like Goodyear rubber...hard unforgiving and little to no cushioning. If I were you I would look more towards a sneaker-boot style or your feet, knees and hips are going to be aching.
      Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Sign up on the Promotive.com website. They got some great deals on boots. I'm not a huge fan of the name, but SWAT brand boots seem to be working well for me. I previously wore 5.11 Tactical ATAC boots. The new SWAT brand is just as comfortable yet seems to offer better traction on wet ground.
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Black tennis or walking shoes and get good insoles. Superfeet Green have gotten very high marks and are reported to be with the $35 price tag. I'll get them next when my Sofsole insoles are worn out.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I work Security and we sometimes spend the entire shift on our feet. Many of us use Bates Ultra-Lites that run ~$80. I like the 8 inch side zip myself. It feels like a tennis shoe so I add a $10 Dr. Scholds Tri-Comfort insert with a 1/2 inch gel heel to give it that ultra comfy boot-esque feeling. I've never had anything anywhere near as comfortable as this combo. After 10 hours my feet feel fine, and I'm a fat guy. No knee or back pain either.

A cheaper alternative may be to get the custom Wal-Mart orthopedic insert and put it in pretty much any shoe.
            Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I am looking into UA valsetz 6" tactical boot. They seem decent price, light, and water-resistant. I might get hired as loss prevention as well so I can use the boots for both jobs. Unless anyone has bad review on these, please let me know! Thanks again.

Comment

just picked up some 5.11 6 inch http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...inch-boot.html"speed boots"... one week worn and lovin em so far...

Comment

Danner makes a few different sneaker type boot models. There are about four different ones.

Comment

Oakley Books......they are like running shoes.

Comment

Don't get Bates C3's. They are great if you are walking/ driving a lot in the heat, but hurt if you stand still too long.
                      Originally posted by Ceridwen
                      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I fail to see why, other than policy requirements, people are so hung up over boots. If you work in an area with rough terrain, boots are the choice. Other than that why not wear shoes? I haven't worn duty boots for years and I'm none the worse for it.
                        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                          I fail to see why, other than policy requirements, people are so hung up over boots. If you work in an area with rough terrain, boots are the choice. Other than that why not wear shoes? I haven't worn duty boots for years and I'm none the worse for it.
                          +1 I'm not required to wear boots and I wear sneakers/running shoes. I find it so much easier to run after the bad guys in running shoes!
                          "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

I swear by bates, Ive had 3 pairs and love them, most expensive was $105. Currently wearing Rocky Portlands and I'm prett happy with them.

As far as Danners go, I had a pair of Danner Acadias and wore them 2 12hr shifts and sold them on ebay...They were horrible for me.

Comment

bates 8" gortex. Keep you feet dry in the wettest conditions yet are fairly well ventilated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 279 members and 4206 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X