300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuffs

Hey all. I'm looking for a good pair of chain-link handcuffs. I'm planning to order them from Atlantic Tactical. Does anyone have a certain brand or specific pair of cuffs they can recommend? Thanks!

I've got one pair of Peerless and one S&W regular cuffs. Nothing wrong with them, but I do want some hinged cuffs, I like the ASP aluminum and colored ones. Or these bad boys lol

Comment

Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
      I've got one pair of Peerless and one S&W regular cuffs. Nothing wrong with them, but I do want some hinged cuffs, I like the ASP aluminum and colored ones. Or these bad boys lol
      I'm only getting one pair. I'm an Auxiliary Police Officer so making arrests is the exception, not the rule lol. Out of the Peerless or S&W, which one do you think is of better quality?

Comment

NCPD is not providing you with one?
        Why not go with the brand that NCPD has authorized or NCPD officers are using? I'm using Peerless and has been very good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
          NCPD is not providing you with one?
          Why not go with the brand that NCPD has authorized or NCPD officers are using? I'm using Peerless and has been very good to me.
          NCPD provides me with everything except for duty gear. Full-timers have to buy it themselves too. My unit would supply me, but I'd have to give it back I ever transferred to another. Cost is not an issue and I'm willing to purchase certain things myself.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

I prefer Peerless over S&W, though my favorite is ASP. YMMV
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

LINY - go to handcuffwarehouse.com and save yourself a lot of money over the prices at Atlantic Tactical!!!

Mike
              New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Or, you can go to Southshore Sportsman in Merrick and test out few models. Should be close to where you live, plus it is owned by former MOS as well.

Comment

I dig peerless.

ASP are good too, though it is a *bit* tougher finding holders for them. Not a big deal since there are plenty of choices for manufacturers these days

Really, it's all good. Just depends on what you like. Get anything from peerless, hiatts, S&W or ASP and you'll be fine.
                  Last edited by Dingo990; 05-24-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Also look at cuffs4cops.com. They will pit your name on your cuffs for free, and the prices are good. I have both peerless and s&w, but the peerless are definitely higher quality.

Comment

Originally posted by major g View Post
                      Also look at cuffs4cops.com. They will pit your name on your cuffs for free, and the prices are good. I have both peerless and s&w, but the peerless are definitely higher quality.
                      Just took a look and they are a lot cheaper, and the custom engraving is a plus. How long did it take for them to ship out?

Comment

I just bought some S&W M&P cuffs with the new double lock system. LOVE them. going to buy a few extra pairs

Comment

Originally posted by major g View Post

+1 www.cuffs4cops.com

They are quick, great prices and laser your name for free.

I hate Peerless, seem to be low quality. I got rid of mine and bought 2 pair of SW Hinged. One is regular and one is the oversize Model 1's. The oversize one's are awesome, they are big enough that guy's who need 2 sets of cuffs can be put in one pair and small enough that the smallest wrists fit.

Comment

Smith & Wesson are the only cuffs that I carry or will carry. Asp seem cool but aren't my cup of tea. I do not like Peerless because to me they also seem cheap and the push pin double locker can be defeated by inertia. A friend has a set of Peerless, double locked them then hit them on the ground without having to hit them that hard and the double lock was defeated. Not something that I want to trust my life too.

Comment

S&W M-100 is standard here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6599 users online. 361 members and 6238 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X