300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Hearing Protection????

I have searched for a thread about this, but have come up with nothing. I am looking for a good pair of electronic hearing protection for shooting an AR-15. If you could tell me the pros and cons of the ones you use that would be great. I have heard great things about Peltor and horrible things. I would like to hear from officers what they use or perhaps what your SRT or SWAT teams use if you yourself don't have any. Thanks.

I have Peltor Tactical 6S that I use the most.
    Pro- small and light. Inexpensive and has very clear sound and great sound pick up capability.
    Con - bit of work to get batteries placed inside of ear cups. Short battery life and switches can be turned on accidentally while you are not using it.

Overall, I like it very much.

Comment

I've been using the Howard Leight Impact Sports for a year or so. I'm a fan. They fold up nice and compact, decent battery life, good performance... really nothing I've found that I don't like.

You can find them for around $50.

All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
        I've been using the Howard Leight Impact Sports for a year or so. I'm a fan. They fold up nice and compact, decent battery life, good performance... really nothing I've found that I don't like.

+1 on this model as well.

Comment

Tagging. I must add words to make the post acceptable.
          There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
          http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll second the Howard Leight Impact Sports too. I've had them for around 6 months and really like them.

Just make sure to turn them off so the batteries don't die overnight. Not that I've done that or anything.....
            "You don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement." Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
              I have Peltor Tactical 6S that I use the most.
              I've got these and I use them for everything I shoot.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

+1 on the Impact Sports. I had Peltor Tac 6's and they only lasted about a year before the ear cups cracked and the circuitry went bad. The Impact Sports have served me well for just over a year now. I shoot every other weekend so my equipment gets a lot of use.

Comment

I recommend the MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X. It is a excellent all-weather option, durable, offers excellent electronics for the price point, and is com-compatible if that is required.

Comment

+1
                    I like that it has an input that you can hook up your portable radio or mp3 player.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4055 users online. 224 members and 3831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X