Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video/Audio Recording

Gidday guys.

I'm actually in Australia. I will soon be moving into a career in Loss Prevention. I'm wondering if anybody knows a reputable seller of covert video and (but not required) audio recording gear.

Going undercover in retail stores to detect theft and arrest shoplifters, I want a device to record video for many purposes, mainly for proof to use in court (if needed) and or to save my *** if need be.

The recording equipment must be covert and undetectable for obvious reasons. I'm not interested in those dodgy little Asian sellers/stores, I'm only interested in reputable sellers, actual quality brands.

Anybody able to assist?

http://www.botachtactical.com/lawcampd80.html
    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Do you really need one, especially if you are the one paying for it? I've worked LP part time for seven or so years and couldn't see myself ever using one, especially when you're just trying to get an eyeball around an end cap to watch someone. There are also a number of times when you just walk around a corner and see someone stuffing product, so unless you record every minute of your day, you're not gonna get that either. I don't know how things work over there, but the fact that you saw them stuff the product and it is in their purse, down their pants, etc. is proof enough. If you buy one, you better make sure it is not against company policy to use it. Rather than finding any benefit from the camera, you are more likely to find yourself in the manager's office explaining that you don't record routine employee contacts and you don't know why the employees think you are recording your conversations, taking pictures of them at work, in the break room, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
        Do you really need one, especially if you are the one paying for it? I've worked LP part time for seven or so years and couldn't see myself ever using one, especially when you're just trying to get an eyeball around an end cap to watch someone. There are also a number of times when you just walk around a corner and see someone stuffing product, so unless you record every minute of your day, you're not gonna get that either. I don't know how things work over there, but the fact that you saw them stuff the product and it is in their purse, down their pants, etc. is proof enough. If you buy one, you better make sure it is not against company policy to use it. Rather than finding any benefit from the camera, you are more likely to find yourself in the manager's office explaining that you don't record routine employee contacts and you don't know why the employees think you are recording your conversations, taking pictures of them at work, in the break room, etc.
        You raise an interesting point. This kind of thing is more for when I have to engage in a fight with a shoplifter. Using baton and handcuffs, it would at least help diminish any claims of excessive force, even when just fighting with just hands.
        It wouldn't be a necessity, just a back up tool that may (or then again, may not) save my *** one day.

The concept would even work if it was only switched on when about to engage a shoplifter, or when taking chase to one.

Thanks! Gold star to you :P

Comment

^^^^^I agree 100%

Look for the Veho MUVI brand as well on Amazon if you want to compare
          Last edited by ummone; 05-04-2011, 12:54 AM.
          This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3944 users online. 254 members and 3690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X