300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for new OC spray

My Lt. has asked me to find a new brand of OC spray for 2 reasons.

1. Needs to be ECD compatible
    2. ours seems to take quite a while to kick in

We currently carry Defense Technology Pepper-10 and no one seems happy with it. I sprayed a new officer for training the other day, and she said she didn't really feel anything until we went to decon.

Right now I'm looking at Sabre Red as a strong contender, but am open to suggestions and looking for what works in real life.

So... what do you have that works better?

Go Sabre Red! It took all of maybe 5 seconds to kick-in when I got sprayed with it. It major sucked and it lasted.
    I also recommend Sudecon Wipes but not so much the Sabre DECON wash.
    http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...utm_term=SD084
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Fox Labs hands down! 5.3 shu burns like hell!!!
      MDC BLE 270

Comment

Freeze +P

http://www.aerko.com/Freeze%20+P%202K3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sencless View Post
          Fox Labs 5.3 effed me up, but good and is ECD compatible.

You KNOW you should do your own testing, right?
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Sabre Red.......
            yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
              Fox Labs 5.3 effed me up, but good and is ECD compatible.

You KNOW you should do your own testing, right?
              As the OC instructor, I believe that would give me the right to delegate some test subjects... I mean, a good officer always tests his tools right?. Maybe I can cruise down to the trailer park and find me some volunteers.

Comment

If I could do my own testing -

I'd use 4 subjects:

2 sprayed with Sabre Red and 2 with Fox Labs 5.3. Decon one of each brand with water and one with that same companies' decon product. It would be preferable to use the same glutton for punishment...I mean...'test subject' so they could testify as to which one was most effective as well as which decon procedure or product reigns supreme.

Video record it all and sell it like PPV.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I got hit with Sabre Red in the academy and STILL remember the pain. However, I have heard from several people that Freeze+P is the shiz-nit.
                  Originally posted by Ceridwen
                  Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I have not been sprayed with Fox Labs, but I have been with Sabre Red and I've used both products. Hands down the Sudecon wipes worked far better than when I used the Sabre DECON wash. Sure the Sabre wash 'helped' but I had too use the step 2 bottle every hour for the rest of night. With the Sudecon wipes I used 5 wipes total for full effect. Granted the best course is just not getting sprayed...

By the way Sgt., I still some of the Sabre DECON wash if you want to give it a test run yourself
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                    (")_(")
                    Copy and paste Bunny into your
                    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

fox 5.3 burns like a mofo. Top Cop isnt bad either.

Comment

I'm issued Punch II. It hurts like the dickens and is ECD compatible. I got sprayed with it and it worked fine. It's worked fine on someone that I was up close and personal with. It also works great on dogs when I have time to deploy it. Of course, some guys in my academy got hit with Sabre Red and they swore up and down both literally and figuratively that it worked great.

Comment

FOX 5.3!!! I have been sprayed with Saber Red and FOX 5.3 if I need one I much prefer fox 5.3 seems to me to bring the fury instantly and it lasts!!! I can't even describe the feeling other than effective. I never want to be sprayed with FOX LABS again. I think you would be doing your department a great dis-service to not try it. But, as others have said grab the "Big 3"-most commonly used and try them out (Fox 5.3, Saber Red and Freeze +P)

Also depending on what you are looking for there are some out there upwards of 15 million SHU's now days but I think that is just plain brutal. and I dis watch our training CPL. get sprayed by 15 million+ and it literally hurt to be near him.

Comment

Originally posted by sencless View Post
                            The Fox labs stuff is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              The Fox labs stuff is brutal.
                              That's what I got hit with in the academy... that is a day I will NEVER forget!
                              MDC BLE 270

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6060 users online. 300 members and 5760 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X