300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the vest shirt

Does any one have any recommendations for a good under the vest t shirt? I have seen many around from 5.11 and under armour but didn't know if one was better or not.

I started with UA compression shirts. They made me itch. They also smell funky after a while, even straight out of the laundry.

I switched to 5.11 cotton t-shirts, mainly because they're longer, have better collars, are cheaper, don't make me itch, don't smell, and don't fade as bad as ones from Walmart/Target/etc.

UA's new enhanced cotton line might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by Resq14; 04-29-2011, 08:16 AM.
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

UA loose gear all the way...I wear TNP T's and really like them
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Check out the Blauer 3XDry shirts. Feels like a regular cotton t-shirt, fits snug so there is no wrinkling under the vest but not "compression" tight like the UA shirts and don't smell like a dirty jock after you break your first sweat of a shift. I have been wearing the same shirts for almost 3 years now, so durability is not an issue.

Comment

Any suggestions on how to stop the vest from riding up a few hours into the shift? It fits nice and snug for first few hours,then starts sliding up under the arms. I dont know if this is an issue with the t-shirt as its soaked at this point or is it an issue with the vest.

Comment

I wear under armour, it fits nice and snug and keeps me cooler than others I have tried, Ive never tried 5.11 but Ive heard good things.
            "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

Comment

I have worn the UA tactical or even regular compression fit shirt. They are great and keep you dry, however I have switched to 5.11 tight crew s/s shirt. I have found they have a better collar, and are a few inches longer so they stay tucked in all day long. Just my own opinion....They also have mesh vents for the armpit area which is nice..

Comment

Does Under Armor help stop it from riding up?

Comment

My vote is with the UA or the 5.11 undergear I have both and don't really have a preference it's usually what ever I grap out of the laundry.
                  Rider,
                  as far as your vest riding up... was it fit to for you? and does it fit properly? also take a look at your shoulder straps my thought is they may be a little too tight, try letting them out a little. Also in my experiance unless your wearing either a Hidden Tailor or Shirt stays on the vest your going to get some ride up no matter what. I personally wear a hidden tailor and it keeps my vest down and my shirt tucked in all shift.
                  "In God we trust......Everyone else we run thru NCIC"

Comment

Any of the Underarmor knockoffs compression shirts that sell at Wal-Mart and other discount stores for about $10.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by brkfst524 View Post
                      My vote is with the UA or the 5.11 undergear I have both and don't really have a preference it's usually what ever I grap out of the laundry.
                      Rider,
                      as far as your vest riding up... was it fit to for you? and does it fit properly? also take a look at your shoulder straps my thought is they may be a little too tight, try letting them out a little. Also in my experiance unless your wearing either a Hidden Tailor or Shirt stays on the vest your going to get some ride up no matter what. I personally wear a hidden tailor and it keeps my vest down and my shirt tucked in all shift.
                      No I didnt have it measured,it was issued. It seems to fit fine and is comfortable till the tshirt is soaked w/sweat about 2 hrs in. Then its a constant thing to have to pull it down from underneath my arms. I may try and get an underarmor shirt,then get the belt shirt stay and see if that works. They just gave me the thing and said "here ya go". Ha

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                        Any of the Underarmor knockoffs compression shirts that sell at Wal-Mart and other discount stores for about $10.
                        I'm fully with ateamer on this one. I had heard from a coworker that the target UA knockoffs were just as good. I think "Champion" is the brand. I bought a few and I've been really pleased with them. They're just like the UA shirts and do a good job of keeping you cool and wicking out moisture.

These are the ones I bought:
                        http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Pi...k&frombrowse=1

I haven't tried any of the long sleevers or turtlenecks so can't comment on those yet.
                        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Hanes black cotton premium t shirts for me. But then again I am cheap.

Comment

5.11 makes a t-shirt that is designed to be longer than the standard shirt so it stays tucked in better. I have not tried it but everything else I have tried from 5.11 has been A+
                            10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Comment

I just switched from the sleeveless version of this type to the ones with sleeves and noticed the pit stains and BO subsided.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...413878.4414003

Edit: Purchase a size larger than usual. I'm skinny and these are tight on me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4290 users online. 265 members and 4025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X