300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Carry

I ask questions on here a lot, so this one should probably get a hit from a lot of people.

A while back I took a trip out to Vegas for a Corrections position (which was cut because of budget) but I saw a Patrol Officer carrying his second pistol right on his duty belt. It was hidden behind his radio and other belt items, something like it can even be seen in a Cops Episode 12 season 20 and also with another Officer in season 22 where they respond to a mentially ill man who trys to hand himself. Both are carrying a small glock. Recently on a show called Unleashed: K-9 Broward County, two Broward Deputies have their second pistols on their vests.

So my topic of question is where does everyone carry their secondary (if they even do carry). This is one to be open, trying to figure for myself but what does everyone else feel works for them.

A lot of officers won't answer this because it involves tactics. It's been asked here before.

Comment

I don't even carry a primary, I let my fists do the talking.

Seriously though, I have my secondary weapon placed between my butt cheeks with the barrel inserted in my rectum. It hurt at first but I got used to it.

I don't want to hear any complaints from other officers here about "we don't talk about tactics" or "there is no need for anyone else to know". It's my secondary weapon and I have the right to tell him where I keep it.

Comment

I carry mine on my ankle (not a large guy so don't have many options). Not asking tactics, asking opinion. You voiced yours, not a problem. Like I said this is an open conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by ranger7541 View Post
          I carry mine on my ankle (not a large guy so don't have many options). Not asking tactics, asking opinion. You voiced yours, not a problem. Like I said this is an open conversation.
          Which is why most people won't give you serious answers here.

Comment

When I was in uniform I carried a Colt Defender on the ankle as a BUG to my Kimber Tactical Custom II. Now in investigations I carry a XDm 3.8 40 compact as primary and keep my Mossberg BUG overhead in the cab of the truck, with a RRA AR-15 locked in the back. On the FEW times I get into a uniform these days, my BUG is a XD9subcompact that fits in the same holster the Defender does. Then I switch primaries to the XD45.

There's a serious answer for you. This forum is for sharing ideas and learning. Nothing has been given away that isn't seen on network TV.
            Last edited by KenW.; 04-26-2011, 08:42 PM.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
              When I was in uniform I carried a Colt Defender on the ankle as a BUG to my Kimber Tactical Custom II. Now in investigations I carry a XDm 3.8 40 compact as primary and keep my Mossberg BUG overhead in the cab of the truck, with a RRA AR-15 locked in the back. On the FEW times I get into a uniform these days, my BUG is a XD9subcompact that fits in the same holster the Defender does. Then I switch primaries to the XD45.

There's a serious answer for you. This forum is for sharing ideas and learning. Nothing has been given away that isn't seen on network TV.
              I carry a LCP in my pocket.

If i have to go to the a BUG, Then i just need enough to get the F out of the situation.

Comment

i carry a s & w 637 on my vest under my left armpit
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

I just wonder why a college student is trying to police this thread, telling law-enforcement offers not to respond.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Wasn't trying to police the forum or tell anyone not to respond. Just trying to tell the OP not to get his hopes up because most of the answers I've seen to questions like these in the past have been along the lines of Michigan's response.

Comment

I still like to carry my backup in my butt.

Comment

When I was in patrol I carried my backup (Sig P239) in one of the BUG pouches sewn to the front of my ballistic vest. I just couldn't ever get used to the ankle carry and the BUG worked out great!
                        John Wilde
                        Wilde Custom Gear
                        [email protected]
                        "We know that not everyone gets a second chance. We do it right the first time."
                        A Law Enforcement owned and operated business
                        www.wildecustomgear.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                          I still like to carry my backup in my butt.
                          Man, you have some kinky weird fetish

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5842 users online. 340 members and 5502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X