300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Tactical Plates for Duty Belt

Well, to start off I've been lurking on the forum for a little over a year now since I've been sworn with my agency, and from day one I noticed that my duty belt was VERY uncomfortable. My duty belt caused so much discomfort that I had developed scars on my hips from where the weight of the belt was resting on my hips. I first read of the ATLAS plates that attach to your belt about 6 months ago on here and my interest was spurred. I finally had enough of the pain and discomfort after a full day of work about three weeks ago and bit the bullet on purchasing the carbon fiber plates and this is my initial overview of the product.

Initial ordering: The website was very informative and informed me that the plates would take up to several weeks to ship due to the plates being handmade. So after about a week and a half my plates arrived at the front door in a small white box with ATLAS on the front it. I quickly opened up the box to find the products very well packaged with a paper on the top informing me of how to register the product (**I must admit that due to the Tornado's in N.C. right now I haven't had time to register the plates**) and it also gave me instructions to visit the website to learn how to set up the product. Also to note each carbon fiber plate had a sheet of flexible Styrofoam between them to buffer from rubbing on each other and the zip-tie's were on the bottom tapped together neatly. Along with the nice packaging the products look very cool, nice smooth lines and sturdy yet flexible plates. All of the hole's and edges are smooth and the product feels as if it's worth what your paying for.

So immediately after opening the package I went to the website and followed the website tutorial which had the set-up down to a "T" with even which way your zip-tie's needed to be facing in order to get the plates attached to your belt. So after about 15 minutes I had the plates properly attached and ready to rock on my duty pants. The first night I used the plates I had them riding too high on my body and not in the right position for my hips so I still had a little pain at the front of my hips so I reread the directions and watched the video again getting the right set up. So the second night I positioned my belt with the plates a little lower and in the grove of my hips and HOLY CRAP the discomfort was GONE. The belt feel's more as if it is "floating" around your body than sitting on top of your hips. I also added a keeper to the rear of the belt which helps keep the belt flush in the rear of my pants and not riding up. Without the plates before my belt used to ride my pants down and I would keep having to readjust the belt and re-tuck my pants after a few hours on duty. I have now worn this system for about 5 shifts in total and can't give it enough compliments. You hardly notice that the plates are attached to your belt and to be honest none of my supervisors have noticed it at all. I also notice that getting the system off and on is a breeze, I can leave everything in my pouches if I want and put it on in less than 20 seconds in the morning. I can also take my belt off in about 10 seconds so those runs to the office after Taco Bell won't be so frantic anymore removing all the keepers . I also notice at the end of shift I'm not sore and my back is not hurting or stiff either. If anyone else is on the edge for this product I'd highly recommend it and I will update this thread in the middle of next month after I have time using the product more and attempt to get some pictures of the set up.

Umm...

About Jseaman87

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry
    Yes

Are You a Sworn Police Officer
    No

Rank/Title
    Recruit

Occupation
    Recruit in the Academy

So you say you're sworn, yet profile says you aren't? Me smell something fishy.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Must be my old profile, I just updated it must not have changed on here though, I was a recruit at the time I originally found the site.

Comment

Ah ok, looked a little strange.
        "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
        I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Anyone else try these critters yet? Really thinking about a set...
          Opinions expressed in my posts are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the views of any employer, past, present, or future.

Comment

I have them too. When I have time I'll write a review soon. Wearing them about 6 months now and so far so good. I recommend them.

Jseaman, so far the only con I have for them is they are starting to wear the hip area of my pants, let me know if you start to see the same issue
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

So far I haven't noticed any problems with wearing out the pants but I still am several months behind the amount of use you've had. I did notice the other day that the zip tie had become loose on my belt but a quick press tightened it right back up. I just find it amazing how I went from so much discomfort to none at all and no back pain . I do get a little pinch every now and again while trying to twist to work on the computer in the vehicle but it's not the plates fault in my opinion.

Comment

I should note with my back I was actually told I have a slight narrowing in one of my vertabre and it started to lead to some sciatic pain. Example, I would get tightness and soreness in my upper left hip/butt area. I'm not overweight and I'm physically fit. I think doing this job for 13 years started to catch up to me. I got both the Atlas Plates and an inversion table and decided to do a "whole body" approach to this. Honestly I now really don't get many flair ups. I can still have a slight sciatic issue here and there even if I'm just in workout pants and a T-shirt. When I get a flair up on duty I would equate the discomfort to be the same. What this tells me is my duty belt is no longer affecting me. It's just at times I'll get a flair up regardless. But my overall back health has really improved. I believe I have my belt and plates set up properly to my comfort level. I've been playing with the idea of removing the plates and wear it without for a few shifts just to make sure I'm not having the "placebo effect". But I honestly can't make myself do it! I'd punch myself in the head if right away the pain came back and I'd have to deal with that all shift. Lol.
                www.saveavet.org

Comment

dogcop, do you think that inversion table has really helped? Sometimes my back gets tight, and I try to stretch it out without avail. I've been considering one of those tables, but I'm not sure if it's worth the cost.
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

have you tried getting your department to add one to the department gym? ours just added two to our gym, I haven't messed with it a lot but some of the older gym rats swear by it.

Comment

I laughed at my wife when she got an inversion table. I love that thing. When my back is really hurting that thing is like magic.
                      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I like the table, I have a Teeter. It really does work. My problem is sometimes I don't take enough time out of my week to remember to do it, and that's my fault. It works when I use it.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

+1 on combat

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                            I should note with my back I was actually told I have a slight narrowing in one of my vertabre and it started to lead to some sciatic pain. Example, I would get tightness and soreness in my upper left hip/butt area. I'm not overweight and I'm physically fit. I think doing this job for 13 years started to catch up to me. I got both the Atlas Plates and an inversion table and decided to do a "whole body" approach to this. Honestly I now really don't get many flair ups. I can still have a slight sciatic issue here and there even if I'm just in workout pants and a T-shirt. When I get a flair up on duty I would equate the discomfort to be the same. What this tells me is my duty belt is no longer affecting me. It's just at times I'll get a flair up regardless. But my overall back health has really improved. I believe I have my belt and plates set up properly to my comfort level. I've been playing with the idea of removing the plates and wear it without for a few shifts just to make sure I'm not having the "placebo effect". But I honestly can't make myself do it! I'd punch myself in the head if right away the pain came back and I'd have to deal with that all shift. Lol.

Take the Atlas off and tell us how it goes.

lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4075 users online. 218 members and 3857 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X