Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will I need?

Hello all,

I work for Florida D.O.C. and recently made my institution's Rapid Reponse Team. I was told I was going to need to prepare a bag to either keep in my truck or our equipment room for when we get activated. This bag is to contain whatever I would need (note: all of the duty gear such as baton's, gas masks, duty belts, or any type of munitions equipment is already store/loaded at the institution) & aside from the normal equipment I bring w/ me to work I cannot think of anything else that I would need in the bag other than 4-5 days worth of clothes, deodorant, and a small cash stash. If it's any help in recommendations we don't just respond to emergencies at our institution but institutions all over our region, so I could be away from home for quite some time.

Additionally, what are your recommendations for a lightweight duty boot that is conducive for running? I currently wear Danner Acadia's on duty but they would be hell to run in.....too heavy and not very pliable/flexible. For squad training I'm currently wearing Magnum Spider Elite's but they are pretty worn out and a replacement is warranted. At the moment, I'm looking at Rocky's Lightweight 911 boots. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by FSUCrim; 04-15-2011, 04:39 PM. Reason: grammatical error

I usually have a role of Duct tape, para cords, extra leatherman type tools, extra batteries, a flash light, energy bars/snacks/drinks, hand sanitizer bottle, baby wipes, chlorox wipes. Since you are anticipating being away from home for 4-5 days, I'd also put cell phone charger for both vehicle and plug in, some reading materials, small pillow and a poncho liner.

As to light duty shoes/boots goes, there are some sneaker manufacturers start producing their own line of "tactical" version. If you get a chance go through Galls or Quartermaster websites or catalog and they have tons of boots/shoes.

Comment

check out usstandardissue.com love Oakley boots they are almost like wearing tennis shoes
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Danner Strikers are a little lighter (I believe) compared to the Acadias. You can also get the side-zip feature in them which I love. I've been wearing them for seven years now, and I'm sold on them. I've ran in them too plenty of times, lol.

For what it's worth I think Rocky 911 boots are total garbage. I had a pair. They were uncomfortable and didn't hold their shape that well.

As for your bag, it seems like really just something you'll want for time away from home. I think you summed it up: clothes and hygiene items. Maybe a Walmart brand charger for your cell phone also.

Comment

The oakleys that SCSU is talking about are good to run, just don't expect them to last to long if you wear them a lot. Also you might want zipties, an extra radio battery, extra shoelaces (or just us 550 cord), eye protection, a spare notebook, pen and pencil (you might forget yours while your hustling to get you stuff together), a sharpie, extra medical supplies ( depending on what you're trained to do), extra bottle or two of water and maybe a fleece watch cap, they are great to keep around, you never know when you'll want to throw that on. Can't stress extra batteries enough. Good luck, be safe.

Mark

Comment

i've worn them every shift for a year and a half and they are holding up great. Just need to take care of them
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 300 members and 4481 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X