300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Plates

I have 2 name plates that I switch out regularly on my uniforms. The posts on the back have become worn and don't hold the backings very well. I was considering trying the other version w magnets on the back. I've used these before in previous jobs but the uniform (scrubs) were much thinner. Looking for opinions on these especially if they hold up in a fight.

In my experience and opinion, they are good if you don't move around much. Otherwise, forget about it. Your name plate can go flying off because your zipper caught the lip of the name plate while you were taking your jacket off. I would not use them for road patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      Your name plate can go flying off because your zipper caught the lip of the name plate while you were taking your jacket off
      ...or while you're trying to wrestle Mr. Drunkface/Sh*tbird/Gangbanger. I'd be losing/replacing them every week. But it all depends on what your day is like.

Comment

Major G..you have change your avatar. I keep thinking you're Sgt Slaughter.

Buffalo..I know Galls makes them with the long safety clip. Maybe that's something you're looking for? CopQuest makes them also, I believe.
        http://copquest.com/nameplates.htm
        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

http://www.biker-pins.com/pin-locks.html

Pin locks...they attach with an allen wrench. It'll take a bit more effort to put them on/take them off each day...but you'll never lose a nameplate short of tearing one out of your shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalo View Post
            I have 2 name plates that I switch out regularly on my uniforms. The posts on the back have become worn and don't hold the backings very well. I was considering trying the other version w magnets on the back. I've used these before in previous jobs but the uniform (scrubs) were much thinner. Looking for opinions on these especially if they hold up in a fight.

Our uniform supply store has rubber backers. They hold very well but have to be changed out every 3 or 4 months. They give them out for free so I have no idea how much they would cost if you tried to find some for sale somewhere.
            10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Comment

Pencil erasers.....
              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Or if uniform regs allow for it, see if you can get a name tape or your name embroidered to your shirt.
                "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Someone needs to design better "frogs" and become a millionaire!

I used a piece of duct tape so the frogs wouldn't come off.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I wouldn't go with magnets. You might try the long straight pin on the back, but that's a pain in the butt to align on a shirt. Trust me. When I used to work on the side as a paramedic my name plate had a straight pin. Agony.

Comment

just get the style that has a straight bar that attaches like most badges, i know policehq.com carries them
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        http://www.biker-pins.com/pin-locks.html

Pin locks...they attach with an allen wrench. It'll take a bit more effort to put them on/take them off each day...but you'll never lose a nameplate short of tearing one out of your shirt.

Those look nice.

Comment

It would be nice if more agencies allowed name tapes. My current one does. looks fine w/ a metal badge. For more formal occasions, I still use the name plate, but my daily uniform is a work uniform, not a dress uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                            Those look nice.

I like 'em.

They are really nice for use on jackets, coats and other items that don't get washed all that often. They also work great for insignia and other pins.

I lock down flag pins, spare insignia, spare name tags, citation bars, tie tacks, badge pins, lapel pins and whatever else fits the bill onto any available flap on my duty bag and there they stay...nice and tight...right up to the moment I need them.

Comment

I purchased a set of these. I've yet to have a problem with them.

http://www.classicpins.com/blpvcrupinba.html

They're $1.95 but it cost $3.00 for shipping. Still well worth it.
                              Brad

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3962 users online. 181 members and 3781 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X