300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Gloss Basketweave Duty Gear

Just thinking.... does anyone make it? I love the hi-gloss look but I'm required to wear basketweave. No way in hell am I putting a spit shine on my basketweave gear to get it hi-gloss either.
    "Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there"
    -Bottom of a White Castle Cheesebuger Box-

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck.....it's probably a duck!

It is what it is!

You know that would be amazing if someone made that. I mean I am not lazy but spit shining not only boots but all of your duty gear would be a pain in the butt. The only thing I hate to Hi-Gloss is when it gets scratched it is either impossible to get it our or it practically becomes a complete loss.

Comment

I've seen one guy do it, but it didn't look as sharp as you would think. I think he used leather luster. I wouldn't use polish as it would get all over uniforms, seats, and equipment once it gets in the GA heat. When I was in basic training, we would be standing at attention for inspection and the polish would melt off till you had a 'puddle' of polish under your foot.
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

You know what their is something you can try. Contact any smaller manufacturer that sells Hi-Gloss and also basket weave, just let them know what you are looking for and maybe you might be able to find a company to do it. No offense to them but I doubt a company like Safariland would be willing to give it a try. The main issue you might find is that these items might be expensive for a while since they would be sort of "one off" items. If you do find a company let me know too!

Comment

You strange mid-westerners...and southerners....

Nylon is the wave of the future.....
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
            You strange mid-westerners...and southerners....

Nylon is the wave of the future.....
            Oddly, I used nylon for a while and was having back problems and then I switched to a full leather setup and (knock on wood) I have not had a single back problem since I started wearing it which was months ago...

As far as Hi-Gloss Basketweave...well..as the old saying goes "you can't polish a turd...." ;-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3539 users online. 206 members and 3333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X