Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmade Presidio

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Benchmade Presidio

    hey guys i'm looking for a new folder for everyday carry and probably won't be using it at work so i'm looking at spending a little more as it won't be nearly as abused as my work knives...

    been looking at benchmade for a long time and want to know does anyone have the Presidio? if so which model and how do you like it?

    http://www.benchmade.com/products/520

    If not anyone else have any suggestions for folders around $125-150?

    Thanks guys! Stay safe

  • #2
    I'm not familiar with the presidio model but I've wanted a Benchmade 710 McHenry & Williams for some time. I just don't want to drop the cash for it. It is in your price range on places like amazon and it is one heck of a knife. Also with Benchmade you get about a 30% discount if you are sworn LE. Contact the company for info on it. I carry a spyderco military on duty and I cannot say enough good things about it. Very light but a substantial sized knife that is simply outstanding and it opens very fast with a flick of the thumb. I got mine off of LAPolicegear.com for around 130 with shipping and California State tax a while back. For great knife reviews of all kinds and just about every model and brand go to youtube and type in "nutnfancy". The guy that runs the "nutnfancy project" has reviewed about every type of gear on the planet and his reviews are very in depth. Happy hunting

    http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=19

    http://www.benchmade.com/products/710

    Comment


    • #3
      Yah i've already qualified for the 30% discount thats why i'm looking at the Benchmade's... the 710 is a really nice looking knife as well, gonna take a look at that too!

      I'll check out the reviews on youtube from that guy, thanks for the link

      Comment


      • #4
        I love my Kershaw Blur..assisted opening and just has a really good feel to it. Goes for $50 on amazon or $150 in a knife store haha.

        http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-...1855718&sr=8-3
        In Valor there is hope

        Comment


        • #5
          Kershaw Blur is my #2 option... like the value it has when you buy it online like you said... if i decide not to spend as much on the Benchmade i will go with the Blur

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SHU View Post
            For great knife reviews of all kinds and just about every model and brand go to youtube and type in "nutnfancy". The guy that runs the "nutnfancy project" has reviewed about every type of gear on the planet and his reviews are very in depth. Happy hunting

            http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=19

            http://www.benchmade.com/products/710
            damn Nutnfancy has some terrific reviews! i really like them, lots of depth!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
              damn Nutnfancy has some terrific reviews! i really like them, lots of depth!
              Indeed. Anytime I see a knife I like I check out his reviews to see if he has covered it. 3/4ths of the time he has and the dude gives it to you straight.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SHU View Post
                Indeed. Anytime I see a knife I like I check out his reviews to see if he has covered it. 3/4ths of the time he has and the dude gives it to you straight.
                i spent a lot of yesterday watching them... haha...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
                  i spent a lot of yesterday watching them... haha...
                  Yes you can't go wrong with a Blur!! I also watched Nut-n-Fancy and still do, and made the decision to go with the Blur. I purchased mine off Ebay for $35 including shipping from some guy that buys factory seconds. There is to this date nothing that I could find wrong with the knife. It is stamped Kershaw on the blade with 3 x's which means it is a second. Overall, the blade functions excellent!! Just my opinion. Good luck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by agcop View Post
                    Yes you can't go wrong with a Blur!! I also watched Nut-n-Fancy and still do, and made the decision to go with the Blur. I purchased mine off Ebay for $35 including shipping from some guy that buys factory seconds. There is to this date nothing that I could find wrong with the knife. It is stamped Kershaw on the blade with 3 x's which means it is a second. Overall, the blade functions excellent!! Just my opinion. Good luck.
                    i was looking at those factory seconds.... do you notice any flaw in them? thinking about picking one up

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
                      i was looking at those factory seconds.... do you notice any flaw in them? thinking about picking one up
                      None, other than the 4 xxxx's on the blade. It definitely was a good and cheap investment.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by agcop; 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        interesting.... did you buy it from this seller?

                        http://cgi.ebay.com/Kershaw-Tactical...#ht_500wt_1156

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SOG Trident Tanto folder is what I carry daily. Love it and about $65.
                          "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It doesn't qualify as "duty gear" for me, but I carry a Benchmade Mini-Griptillian and a 710 everyday. I love them both.
                            There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                            http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No, it was a seller registered as aja250. You can look them up in the community tab in the top right corner of the Ebay page and type in aja250. I looked at their history and they still show registered and active as of 2/11 with 2347 reviews. They are out of Oregon as listed on your link and might be the same people with 2 accounts!!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3432 users online. 185 members and 3247 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X