300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
    I have the 5.11 Tactical Light for Life, full-sized duty light.

They have two versions... the Full Sized light and a much smaller Mid-Size light, which looks like it may be small enough to fit on a duty belt.

This it the best flashlight that I've ever seen/used. It's extremely light, water resistant, and fully charges in 60 - 90 seconds. It also comes with a lifetime warranty (I dropped mine down several flights of stairs one night and it wouldn't charge anymore). I contacted 5.11 the next day, and they sent me a new one, free, about four days later.

Full Sized
    [ATTACH]6952[/ATTACH]

Mid Sized
    [ATTACH]6951[/ATTACH]
    But they are GIGANTIC and look goofy as ****
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

I have a Fenix TK12 on my belt. "Big" light is Pelican 7060 in the sap pocket.
      Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
      Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I recently switched shifts to 50 % days and 50 % 3-11 shifts. I currently carry a stinger led and like the light. The problem is when I work days I rather not have the light on belt. I was thinking of going to something smaller like a surefire g2 led like i have. I would then carry that on my belt and keep the stinger for nights. I just dont end up needing a light that much on days. What do you guys suggest? I also have a issued rechargeable mag light in the car when needed but never use it that much...

Comment

I just ordered 2 of the Jet Beam BA20 lights (one for me, one for a gift). At ~$40, given the positive reviews at Candle Power Forums, it seems like a good light at a great price. I'm a big fan of AA powered lights for backup. 1- batteries are cheap and easy to find (Eneloop rechargeables) and 2- my patrol camera uses the same batteries, so I always have extra.

I've used the Fenix L2D Premium Q5 attached to my Tactical Taylor suspenders for the past couple of years. This set up has been great for me.

The Pelican 7060 is said to put out around 130 lumens. While throw also plays into the equation, my Fenix appears to me to be about the same brightness. My Fenix has a claimed brightness of 180 lumens, and various reviews on-line show this to be accurate. The 270 claimed lumens of the Jet Beam (the CPF reviewer estimated 255 lumens) should be noticeably brighter than either the Pelican or the Fenix.
          Last edited by hopperja; 04-27-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penn Prospect View Post
            Those who have the nebo redline....what's a good enclosed holder/holster for it to fit?
            I just went to a local police store and bought a holder. It was advertised as a mag/flashlight holder. Sorry, don't remember what brand it is...

Comment

FYI: LA PoliceGear is having some good discounts on Surefire flashlights..

http://www.lapolicegear.com/surefire-closeouts.html
              yeah!

Comment

Most of the lights you guys are stating perform better than the Streamlight Strion LED are waaaaayyyyyyy off....not all, but most. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmcskinny View Post
                  Most of the lights you guys are stating perform better than the Streamlight Strion LED are waaaaayyyyyyy off....not all, but most. Just FYI.
                  Yep, especially that Lumapower.

An experienced flashaholic can tell you it doesn't perform as well as the specs make it out to be.

Comment

I'm a big fan of my Strion LED, was also looking at Stinger LEDs. You really can't go wrong with Streamlight.

Comment

Anyone used the LED Lenser M7R? When getting fitted for uniforms, the supplier had these and the Streamlight Stinger in stock. It's smaller, 220 lumens, and have variable settings. I set it to "Tactical Defense" which provides a steady and strobe function with a tap of the on/off switch. It also goes into a flood mode which I liked.

I had never heard of this flashlight until I was at the store. It is much brighter than the Stinger.

Edited to add: The charger is actually USB powered, with a plug attachment.
                      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Badger545 View Post
                        I'm a big fan of my Strion LED, was also looking at Stinger LEDs. You really can't go wrong with Streamlight.
                        i have both and they are both pretty great lights, i carry the stinger in my bag and have the car charger for it in case my strion ever starts to run low (which it hasn't) in the year that i've carried it
                        In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by FlyChicaga View Post
                          Anyone used the LED Lenser M7R? When getting fitted for uniforms, the supplier had these and the Streamlight Stinger in stock. It's smaller, 220 lumens, and have variable settings. I set it to "Tactical Defense" which provides a steady and strobe function with a tap of the on/off switch. It also goes into a flood mode which I liked.

I had never heard of this flashlight until I was at the store. It is much brighter than the Stinger.

Edited to add: The charger is actually USB powered, with a plug attachment.
                          stinger has 3 settings and strobe as well...
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Anyone use Kel-Lites?

I like my Stinger LED DS. The Stinger LED HP is awesome, it can light up an area from 150 yards away!
                            "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

I think this may be my next purchase...

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                                Similar form factor as a Stinger, but a better user interface, better batteries, better performance, and reasonably priced, all from a reputable company.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?314962
                                Wow, that is a great price point, their other flashlights that I was looking into were way above that price. Nice that they have a new line out. I just put that on my list to buy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5329 users online. 315 members and 5014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X