300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conesweeper View Post
    Thanks for the info, I just ordered one from ebay! Looks like a nice little flashlight.
    I just got it in the mail Friday afternoon and it is a GREAT flashlight. This is definitely NOT an example of "you get what you pay for". For only $25 it a fraction of what you pay for some other lights. But it is just as great - if not better b/c it's so cheap.

I also have a "Smith and Wesson Galaxy Elite CREE 100 Lumen Tactical Flashlight" (http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-G.../dp/B001CUL4EI).

The Nebo has a bunch of settings - 100% @ 220 Lumens, 50% @ 110 Lumens, etc. When I put it on 50% @ 110 Lumens it is noticeably brighter than my 100 Lumen Smith & Wesson.

It's nice b/c it has a focus which lets you throw a flood or a spot. I would also bet their estimate of seeing 150 yards away at full power spot is pretty accurate!!

conesweeper - let us know what you think when you get it...

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I went to the cop shop today and bought the Streamlight Strion C4 LED with the AC charger for 90 bucks. I'm extremely impressed with the light output of this little flash light.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

haha ya, guess i'm a little spoiled
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Since the Streamlight has finally gone to LED and lithium ion rechargeable batteries in a dock rechargeable model, that would be my choice.

I can also recommend the Olight M20 and the Inova T4.
            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I have a flashlight fetish....and I'm afraid of the dark, well I'm more afraid of what's in the dark, really. While seated in my car, there are no less then 5 flashlights within my grabable area....

Gladius Night Ops LED/strobe on me(I know, very expensive, it was a gift)great little light, momentary switch, constant on with adjustable brightness and strobe feature(which works great on stubborn clients) bezeled front ring for use as a defensive tool if need, feels great raked across a hand...

A Surefire 6p, a Pelican(unk model off the top of my head) a Streamlight rechargable, and an old fashioned D-cell maglite either in my radio console or my carbag...plus and untold number of $10 Home Depot "expendables" strewn about the car and trunk....Plus a rechargable 1,000,000 candlepower hand held spotlight in the trunk too.

If all of them lit up at once, you could see me from space. Thank God I can get batteries for free....
              Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I have the 5.11 Tactical Light for Life, full-sized duty light.

They have two versions... the Full Sized light and a much smaller Mid-Size light, which looks like it may be small enough to fit on a duty belt.

This it the best flashlight that I've ever seen/used. It's extremely light, water resistant, and fully charges in 60 - 90 seconds. It also comes with a lifetime warranty (I dropped mine down several flights of stairs one night and it wouldn't charge anymore). I contacted 5.11 the next day, and they sent me a new one, free, about four days later.

Full Sized
                511-tactical-light-for-life-ultracapacitor-flashlight-1.jpg

Mid Sized
                45-9901.jpg
                Last edited by Street_Cop50; 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM.
                Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I like the Fenix Tk11/12 for the price, but they are not durable. I have two of them and my 2 year old boy has been able to break both of them. However, he has not been able to break my surefire 6P. I upgraded the surefire with a malkoff drop in and DAYUM!!! it is bright.. almost too bright for indoor use.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                        How exactly did they break? I've heard of the low end Fenix lights breaking occasionally, but not a TK11 or TK12.

And Malkoffs rule. Exactly what I carry.
                        It appears to be issues with the tail cap on both of them. He would climb up on the counter and get them... dropping them inside, constantly pressing the button... nothing serious. I've taken them apart and put them back together, but still not functioning properly. Unless it's the AW rechargeable batteries I switched to.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                          It appears to be issues with the tail cap on both of them. He would climb up on the counter and get them... dropping them inside, constantly pressing the button... nothing serious. I've taken them apart and put them back together, but still not functioning properly. Unless it's the AW rechargeable batteries I switched to.

I use AW's and really like them. Haven't had any problems yet.

I did get some new Ultra fires and they won't fit in my new Lumapower, while my AW's fit fine.

Comment

On my duty belt, I cary two lights (three if you cont the TLR-1 on my weapon). My primary lights is a Stinger DS LED and my secondary is a Surefire G2Z. Working the overnight shift, I found that it is extremely beneficial to carry two lights. My Stinger DS LED is a great light. I put it in the charger every other day after work. I did have a problem with the main switch, which was quickly repaired by the local shop I bought it from. My department was issuing the standard model Stinger, which would barely last for an hour total of run time, and thats only if you discharged it and recharged it properly. They've since finally issued the DS LED, which is nice because now I have two of them. The second stays in the car along with my Magcharger, as well as about another half dozen small Surefire lights.

I started looking at the new Stinger DS LED HP as it puts out more candlepower. My only concern with going brighter is, what will the negative affect on my night vision be. Is it worth having the extra light? Still a dilema I'm going back and forth with. Until I get a chance to mess with one, I think sticking with what I've got will keep me happy.

And if you're worried about size, no problem with the DS LED. It fits great under the arm during traffic stops.

Comment

Fenix TK-12

Comment

Those who have the nebo redline....what's a good enclosed holder/holster for it to fit?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4447 users online. 256 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X