Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
    I bought a Lumapower ST-03 with it's "280 lumens."
    I'm not impressed by Lumapower at all, and it seems they exaggerated the lumen output by a lot.
    I did a side-by-side comparison with a Streamlight Polystinger with "185 lumens" and the Streamlight was easily 2x as bright.
    The Lumapower has a better feel to it, and the multiple buttons for on/off and mode help, but it came up short in the brightness area.
    I'm not familiar with the specific Lumapower model you are referring to, so I can't say anything for sure, but a Polystinger just does not perform like the MRV HEDP posted. Four hours at max power is NOT something you will get from a nicad powered Stinger. Besides, lumen numbers can be deceiving. I'm thinking the Polystinger may not be brighter at all, it may just have a deeper reflector, giving it more throw. My Fenix TK35 puts out 800+ lumens, but doesn't throw as far as lights claiming only about 200 which happen to have deeper reflectors.

Anyway, long story short, I would take a light that puts out about lumens than a light which may be a little brighter but has a terrible battery system any day.

Comment

+1 on the Strion. Bright, tough, reliable and it's rechargeable. Can't beat it in my opinion.

Comment

I love the Olight M20S that I have. Super bright and solid construction. I bought some rechargeables for it too.

http://www.olightusa.com/detail.asp?id=25

While Streamlight and Surefire make great lights, there are a lot of great other that don't get the attention they deserve. Go here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...D-Flashlights& if you want to make an educated decision. Those guys are serious about flashlights. That where I went to figure out which one to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
          I'm not familiar with the specific Lumapower model you are referring to, so I can't say anything for sure, but a Polystinger just does not perform like the MRV HEDP posted. Four hours at max power is NOT something you will get from a nicad powered Stinger. Besides, lumen numbers can be deceiving. I'm thinking the Polystinger may not be brighter at all, it may just have a deeper reflector, giving it more throw. My Fenix TK35 puts out 800+ lumens, but doesn't throw as far as lights claiming only about 200 which happen to have deeper reflectors.

Anyway, long story short, I would take a light that puts out about lumens than a light which may be a little brighter but has a terrible battery system any day.
          http://www.lumapower.com/98.html

It's that one.

Comment

primary big light: pelican 8060
            big light on belt behind radio: pelican 7060
            small light on belt: strion c4 led!

Love them all

Comment

I've got to agree. I've had my Lumapower MRVK SK up against the LED Stingers and it is brighter.

Comment

The Fenix TK11 is an excellent small, very bright LED light that is not bigger than the Strion.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                  Yup, Mckinney.
                  I got it at Got Ya Covered on Lancaster, I'm sure GST in Arlington has it too, i go there a lot for stuff their store is huge
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

why would you ever have a flashlight on for 4 hours? I think collectively throughout my entire shift my light may be on 20-30 min
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                      why would you ever have a flashlight on for 4 hours? I think collectively throughout my entire shift my light may be on 20-30 min

It is highly doubtful that you ever would. But I have been on searching for suspects on the run that have lasted up to at least an hour. Either way, you don't want your flashlight running out of battery power in the middle of something like that. It could be because you used your entire battery or it wasn't fully charged from last time, who knows.

Either way, I know that if I am in any type of situation my light most likely will not fail on me because of battery power.

Also, I only have to change out batteries every few months, which is really nice.

Comment

Jetbeam Jet III - M (R5) on my belt, it is my only light. Claimed 355 lumens, 200+ yard range. I do carry an extra 18650 battery with me just in case

Comment

Fenix TK11 in a Surefire V70 holster. Works great for me.

Comment

I have a TK 12 which I love. As far as the Nebo Redline is concerned, I purchased one a couple of weeks ago. It has 220 lumens max for 4 hrs., 110 lumens for 8 hrs., 22 lumens for 22 hrs., and SOS and strobe featue. It has a strike bezel and a magnet on the rear, along with tact. rear switch. It's a nice light for $25.00 and if I lose it I won't cry, doesn't break my wallet. The only major drawback is the rear switch is recessed and it's almost impossible for my to turn on with a thumb. It runs off 3 AAA which is nice and easy. It's a good throw-away light.

I have many lights which are high end, i'm a geek about flashlights and compared many from Olights, Eagle, Neofab, JETBeam, Pinnacle, Streamlight, and all the rest of tact lights. Fenix I do prefer, they produce some bad *** lights, as do many other companies. The TK 40 I was so close to buying, but I compared it to the Maelstrom S12 (new on the market from 4Sevens lights), and I purchased the S12.The S12 is approx. 5.6" in length, with rechargeable batteries, that charger and batteries are specific for the light (26650 lithium-ion batteries) It's the smallest flashlight (ultra compact) in the world to use the SST-90 emitter.

Has both current and thermal regulation. Max outout is 800 lumens for 1.5 hrs., and 120 lumens for 13 hrs. I will let you know how much I like it when i receive it. Again, I don't need it, but I wanted it and it appears to be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by YELLOWLAB View Post
                              Max outout is 800 lumens for 1.5 hrs., and 120 lumens for 13 hrs. I will let you know how much I like it when i receive it.
                              Ooooooh! That's what my Electro Lumens EDC-MCE does, but not as long.

Comment

Originally posted by sln78 View Post
                                I just bought this one on Amazon. I can't say for sure b/c it didn't come yet, but it gets great reviews!!!

Nebo Redline Tactical Flashlight Strobe S.O.S 220 Lumen - $25 http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Redline-T.../dp/B0049M8I22

Description - The ability to bring high-end technology to a compact, fully-redesigned, extremely powerful light source is finally here. The CSI REDLINE is our brightest flashlight to date, 220 lumens of pure white light to be exact. In automobiles, redlining is reaching the peak of its performance; whereas we, with NEBO REDLINE are harnessing the maximum power of this flashlight with 220 lumens of blinding bright light. (NOTE: Anything above 50 lumens within a 10 yard distance may cause temporary blindness when viewed directly.) The REDLINE has 5 lighting modes, 100% white light (220 lumens), 50% white light (110 lumens), 10% white light (22 lumens), S.O.S. mode (220 lumens), or emergency strobe mode (220 lumens). This flashlight has a 4x adjustable beam that works with any light setting to change the REDLINE from a flood light to illuminate everything within a 20 yard distance, or to a spot light to focus up to 150 yards. The bezel of the REDLINE controls the adjustable beam. The red ring of the NEBO REDLINE enhances all of the features of this flashlight. (1) One high power LED bulb outputs 220 lumens of light (bulbs rated for 110,000+ hours of life) (2) Emergency strobe mode (3) S.O.S. Flash Mode - LED flashes S.O.S. Morse Code sequence (4) Anodized aircraft grade aluminum weather-proof compact body design (5) Magnetic base for hands-free lighting (6) Aggressive self-defense face (7) Rear glow-in-the-dark button

Thanks for the info, I just ordered one from ebay! Looks like a nice little flashlight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4055 users online. 226 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X