300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights!

What are you guys carrying these days? I've had the Pelican 7060, which is a great light. I'd like to add something that I can possibly carry on my belt... was looking at the Streamlight Strion LED... haven't messed with one in person but looks like a strong performer.

I carry the Strion on my belt and love it. Bianchi makes a holster for it under $10. I put it on the charger every night and it has yet to run out during a 10 hr shift..It's also just as bright as many larger flashlights and has the strobe option
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

Thanks brother...

Comment

SC is that a smooth leather holster? If so, got a link?

Comment

Fenix TK12. Equal or LESS than the cost of the competition (Streamlight, Surefire, etc.) but massive quantities of lumens in very small packages. I can't recommend this flashlight more highly. It beats the crud out of anything from Streamlight, Surefire, and many other competitors.

Comment

Small lights

For a small light which is always on your belt, you can't go wrong with a Surefire 6P or one of the many 6P clones out there (like Solarforce, for example.) I recommend these because they are something of a standardized design, so you can always easily upgrade the drop-in emitter without having to replace the entire light. Plus, they are compatible with the Surefire V70 holster, which is the best flashlight holster ever.

The Strion is a good light, but unless you must have a docking rechargeable, there are better performing options which are less expensive. A 6P clone with a good drop-in will be brighter, longer lasting, accept rechargeable batteries, cost less, and will be easy to upgrade. The Strion is good, but the ONLY advantage it has is being able to charge without removing the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLancelot View Post
              Fenix TK12. Equal or LESS than the cost of the competition (Streamlight, Surefire, etc.) but massive quantities of lumens in very small packages. I can't recommend this flashlight more highly. It beats the crud out of anything from Streamlight, Surefire, and many other competitors.
              Primary: Pelican 7060
              Secondary: 4Sevens Quark AA2 Tactical (R5)

Good spot light and flood combo, works well.
              "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
              Glock 19
              HK 45

Comment

Here's what I'd get instead of the Streamlight. I don't like the Streamlights for a few reasons.

1.) Need to have the light on the charger, unless you buy the separate charging dock. (I like to be able to charge back up batteries while I'm using my light.)

2.) Batteries are expensive and only last for about few years at most.

The Lumapower has specs that the Inova, Pelican, Streamlight and Surefire can't match. I looked at all of those lights before I purchased the Lumapower MRV SK V1.3.

The Lumapower MRV SK V1.3: LED

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumap...11-mrv-sk.html

- 280 lumens for 4 hours (see if any of those other lights has that)

- 85 lumens for 12 hours

- 20 lumens for 48 hours

- Strobe function - works great for getting people's attention and traffic.

- Long time between Changing out Batteries: I use this night many times every night I work (Dogwatch Shift) including bar close which takes about 30 mins to 3 hours depending on what night it is and I still only change out battery about once every 5 to 8 months. (I just take out the old battery, put in the new charged one and go home and recharge the old one.)

- Can run on one 1860 rechargable or two CR123's (the small non-chargeable's that have a shelf life of 10 years and go in most Surefires and pistol lights). I like this feature so if my light runs out I can take the batteries from my pistol light and exchange them.

- Can add an extender to use two 1860 batteries or four CR123's.

- The 1860 rechargeable's it runs on don't drain when its not being used like Streamlight batteries. You can use the flashlight months to years after the batteries have been charged and it will be like new. (Try that with a Streamlight type battery which starts to drain the minute its off the charger).

- The 1860 batteries it runs on are charged outside of the flashlight, so you can charge batteries while you use the flashlight.

- 1860 batteries only cost about $5 to $8, so they are cheap to replace and you can have plenty of extras. They should last about 3 to 4 years each.

- Charger for the 1860 batteries only costs about $16 to $18. So you could have a charger at home and at work.

- Can upgrade the engine as newer more efficient and powerful engines come out in the future.

- Fits in Streamlight Stinger holsters (same size).

- Same size as the original Stinger.

- Striker bezel in case you need to use it as a weapon or to break glass. (You use the weapon you have in your hand at the time).

- Was $74, which is cheaper then all of those other lights.

I've used my flashlight with cops who have Streamlight SLX-20's, Streamlight LED's, Surefires and mine was significantly brighter then all the others. So bright in fact that other cops have said, "Wow, that light is way brighter then mine, what is it?"

And I've had people I've shone with the strobe and they've said, "There's no need for that, your blinding me, I'm going to get seizures."

So, if an Inova, Pelican, Streamlight or Stinger can do all that, I'd really be impressed......but they can't.

I love mine and just purchased a new Lumapower MVP Cree 3 which is similar size but has 700 lumens for $139. I'm going to buy another Lumapower MRV SK V1.3 for hunting and camping. I learned my lesson this year when I left mine in my deer hunting bag up at my folks cabin and got to work and found out that my light was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Here's what I'd get instead of the Streamlight. I don't like the Streamlights for a few reasons.

1.) Need to have the light on the charger, unless you buy the separate charging dock. (I like to be able to charge back up batteries while I'm using my light.)

2.) Batteries are expensive and only last for about few years at most.

The Lumapower has specs that the Inova, Pelican, Streamlight and Surefire can't match. I looked at all of those lights before I purchased the Lumapower MRV SK V1.3.

The Lumapower MRV SK V1.3: LED

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumap...11-mrv-sk.html

- 280 lumens for 4 hours (see if any of those other lights has that)

- 85 lumens for 12 hours

- 20 lumens for 48 hours

- Strobe function - works great for getting people's attention and traffic.

- Long time between Changing out Batteries: I use this night many times every night I work (Dogwatch Shift) including bar close which takes about 30 mins to 3 hours depending on what night it is and I still only change out battery about once every 5 to 8 months. (I just take out the old battery, put in the new charged one and go home and recharge the old one.)

- Can run on one 1860 rechargable or two CR123's (the small non-chargeable's that have a shelf life of 10 years and go in most Surefires and pistol lights). I like this feature so if my light runs out I can take the batteries from my pistol light and exchange them.

- Can add an extender to use two 1860 batteries or four CR123's.

- The 1860 rechargeable's it runs on don't drain when its not being used like Streamlight batteries. You can use the flashlight months to years after the batteries have been charged and it will be like new. (Try that with a Streamlight type battery which starts to drain the minute its off the charger).

- The 1860 batteries it runs on are charged outside of the flashlight, so you can charge batteries while you use the flashlight.

- 1860 batteries only cost about $5 to $8, so they are cheap to replace and you can have plenty of extras. They should last about 3 to 4 years each.

- Charger for the 1860 batteries only costs about $16 to $18. So you could have a charger at home and at work.

- Can upgrade the engine as newer more efficient and powerful engines come out in the future.

- Fits in Streamlight Stinger holsters (same size).

- Same size as the original Stinger.

- Striker bezel in case you need to use it as a weapon or to break glass. (You use the weapon you have in your hand at the time).

- Was $74, which is cheaper then all of those other lights.

I've used my flashlight with cops who have Streamlight SLX-20's, Streamlight LED's, Surefires and mine was significantly brighter then all the others. So bright in fact that other cops have said, "Wow, that light is way brighter then mine, what is it?"

And I've had people I've shone with the strobe and they've said, "There's no need for that, your blinding me, I'm going to get seizures."

So, if an Inova, Pelican, Streamlight or Stinger can do all that, I'd really be impressed......but they can't.

I love mine and just purchased a new Lumapower MVP Cree 3 which is similar size but has 700 lumens for $139. I'm going to buy another Lumapower MRV SK V1.3 for hunting and camping. I learned my lesson this year when I left mine in my deer hunting bag up at my folks cabin and got to work and found out that my light was missing.

I bought a Lumapower ST-03 with it's "280 lumens."
                  I'm not impressed by Lumapower at all, and it seems they exaggerated the lumen output by a lot.
                  I did a side-by-side comparison with a Streamlight Polystinger with "185 lumens" and the Streamlight was easily 2x as bright.
                  The Lumapower has a better feel to it, and the multiple buttons for on/off and mode help, but it came up short in the brightness area.

Comment

I would have to second the nod to the "Fenix" brand. I have the Tk-11, and it (in my opinion) is far better than any of the streamlights, stingers, and Inova's that other officers in my department use. My flashlight with charger and two rechargeable (18650 size) batteries was far less expensive than everyone elses, and is brighter. The batteries last a long time, and I always have one charged and ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      SC is that a smooth leather holster? If so, got a link?
                      I carry the Strion C4 LED on my duty belt in a short (16" size I believe) ASP baton basketweave holder by safariland. It holds the flashlight PERFECTLY! The strion is a GREAT flashlight! I use it on calls where I dont want to have to lug around my Magcharger. DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED! It is SOO BRIGHT! I also use it on traffic stops where I get out of the car without my Magcharger on accident and it works fine. Due to its small size, it is a bit more difficult to tuck under your armpit while handling business.

Comment

Originally posted by Code10-15 View Post
                        I carry the Strion C4 LED on my duty belt in a short (16" size I believe) ASP baton basketweave holder by safariland. It holds the flashlight PERFECTLY! The strion is a GREAT flashlight! I use it on calls where I dont want to have to lug around my Magcharger. DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED! It is SOO BRIGHT! I also use it on traffic stops where I get out of the car without my Magcharger on accident and it works fine. Due to its small size, it is a bit more difficult to tuck under your armpit while handling business.
                        Thanks... the flash light, atleast the one I was looking at, was under 6 inches in length, so a 16 inch holder seems a bit excessive.

Comment

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...xtModelID=7926

i have size 1 i believe...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1512.php

theres the cops plus link, i bought it at a local store for a little cheaper. not sure if you are in DFW area, if you are i can send ya the store info
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Yup, Mckinney.

Comment

I just bought this one on Amazon. I can't say for sure b/c it didn't come yet, but it gets great reviews!!!

Nebo Redline Tactical Flashlight Strobe S.O.S 220 Lumen - $25 http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Redline-T.../dp/B0049M8I22

Description - The ability to bring high-end technology to a compact, fully-redesigned, extremely powerful light source is finally here. The CSI REDLINE is our brightest flashlight to date, 220 lumens of pure white light to be exact. In automobiles, redlining is reaching the peak of its performance; whereas we, with NEBO REDLINE are harnessing the maximum power of this flashlight with 220 lumens of blinding bright light. (NOTE: Anything above 50 lumens within a 10 yard distance may cause temporary blindness when viewed directly.) The REDLINE has 5 lighting modes, 100% white light (220 lumens), 50% white light (110 lumens), 10% white light (22 lumens), S.O.S. mode (220 lumens), or emergency strobe mode (220 lumens). This flashlight has a 4x adjustable beam that works with any light setting to change the REDLINE from a flood light to illuminate everything within a 20 yard distance, or to a spot light to focus up to 150 yards. The bezel of the REDLINE controls the adjustable beam. The red ring of the NEBO REDLINE enhances all of the features of this flashlight. (1) One high power LED bulb outputs 220 lumens of light (bulbs rated for 110,000+ hours of life) (2) Emergency strobe mode (3) S.O.S. Flash Mode - LED flashes S.O.S. Morse Code sequence (4) Anodized aircraft grade aluminum weather-proof compact body design (5) Magnetic base for hands-free lighting (6) Aggressive self-defense face (7) Rear glow-in-the-dark button

Last edited by sln78; 03-25-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6251 users online. 351 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X