Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to properly tuck a uniform shirt in?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changeover
    replied
    I know I am bumping my old thread a bit but I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who posted in here. I finally got around to getting my pants/shirts tailored and bought a pair of stirrup style shirt stays and I LOVE them. I look so much more crisp and clean and my shirt actually stays tucked in for the most part. Thanks guys! Now if I could only get my department to change the color style of our uniforms....

Leave a comment:

• Ohio5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    I wish they'd make shirts for officers who are in shape. I wear 17-1/2 neck shirts, but the waist easily has six to eight spare inches. Here's a thought: Make the standard cut for in-shape officers, and make the fat guys have to get the custom tailoring.
    +1000

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I wish they'd make shirts for officers who are in shape. I wear 17-1/2 neck shirts, but the waist easily has six to eight spare inches. Here's a thought: Make the standard cut for in-shape officers, and make the fat guys have to get the custom tailoring.

Leave a comment:

• MDPOLICE
    replied
    Ask this guy. No matter what he seems to get into his uniform never looks sloppy.

Last edited by MDPOLICE; 04-06-2011, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• changeover
    replied
    thanks guys for all the help, Im bringing my stuff down tomorrow to get tailored.

Leave a comment:

• Ra1nMak3R
    replied
    I have a good tailor who customizes all my uniform shirts. She gives a huge LE discount and I only pay about $10 per uniform garment from her. I find that it is the best way to look good in my uniform and also stay the most comfortable.

I tried shirt stays, hidden belt thingie, military tuck. You're not going to look like Capt. America after jumping a few fences or bending over to pick up your dropped item. I just get the circumfrence of my top tailored to the point that I don't need any type of fold over or Military tuck to make it look good.

Just take your top to a tailor along with your body armor. Put your armor and top on and have them tailor it to your body and you won't be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Street_Cop50
    replied
    Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
    shirt stays are the way to go...you do get use to them
    I recommend the stirrup style shirt stays...

http://www.amazon.com/Stirrup-Style-.../dp/B001LQ5LT2

Leave a comment:

• ummone
    replied
    ^^^^^^^second^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    The only real answer.^^^^

They problem of popping off can be eliminated easily, and the hair pulling stuff is overblown.

If you want to keep your shirt tucked in and wrinkle free, thats really the only way.

Leave a comment:

• TJx2
    replied
    Go get your uniforms tailored...best money spent. Looks are a big percentage of the job. Get you pants with a dress hem (slanted) and have the shirts tapered on the sides and the sleeves taken in.

A tailored uniform WILL look like the picture you linked to...just look at me

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    Originally posted by changeover View Post
    I have been doing the military tuck but none of my uniforms are tailored. Like I said I am working on gaining some healthy weight but if you get uniforms tailored, can they be put back or altered again? My biggest problem as people have stated above me, is I need the sides tapered. I did not know you could take the sleeves in as well. On two pairs of pants I need the waist adjusted as well. Also I have this problem with the legs of the pants being too "wide". Anyone else deal with this? Sometimes it looks like I am on my way to audition for an M.C. Hammer video. Thanks for all the help guys!
    I'm also trying to gain weight, but know I won't be able to gain enough to make the shirt fit properly. If you are, by the time the weight is on, you will be ready to order new shirts anyway from general wear and tear. If they are taken in, they usually can't be let back out unless whoever does it leaves the excess inside the shirt, but then you will still have the bulk and the shirt will have a lot of sowing holes down the sides.
    As for the pants, I had to have mine taken in as well. When they aren't baggy, you don't look like as small of a person and the legs don't flair. Though it would be possible to get the legs trimmed, it would be a lot of work and I wouldn't suggest it. I am 5'8, 125, so no uniform really fits me well unless I have it tailored. If you have access to a military base, the people at the dry cleaners are really good at pinning and sowing and will hook you up right. If not, a regular seamstress can still do great work, just make sure they know what you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• changeover
    replied
    I have been doing the military tuck but none of my uniforms are tailored. Like I said I am working on gaining some healthy weight but if you get uniforms tailored, can they be put back or altered again? My biggest problem as people have stated above me, is I need the sides tapered. I did not know you could take the sleeves in as well. On two pairs of pants I need the waist adjusted as well. Also I have this problem with the legs of the pants being too "wide". Anyone else deal with this? Sometimes it looks like I am on my way to audition for an M.C. Hammer video. Thanks for all the help guys!

Leave a comment:

• USMARINE
    replied
    Military tuck helps a lot. All you have to do is fold excess material underneath the sewn in creases in the back. It works even better if you use that in conjunction with shirt stays and the pants that have that rubber strip in them.

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
    I have a size 15 neck, but would need a size 13 or 14 for the sides to not billow out, even with a vest on. I paid $10 per shirt to have the sides taken in, then wear shirt stays and do a slight military tuck and it looks sharp, IMHO. Doesn't do anything for making my arms look less like an ASP sticking out of the sleeves, though.
    Sleeves can be tapered too, lol. It'll make your sticks look a little bigger.

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    I have a size 15 neck, but would need a size 13 or 14 for the sides to not billow out, even with a vest on. I paid $10 per shirt to have the sides taken in, then wear shirt stays and do a slight military tuck and it looks sharp, IMHO. Doesn't do anything for making my arms look less like an ASP sticking out of the sleeves, though.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5612 users online. 332 members and 5280 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X