Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to properly tuck a uniform shirt in?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go get your uniforms tailored...best money spent. Looks are a big percentage of the job. Get you pants with a dress hem (slanted) and have the shirts tapered on the sides and the sleeves taken in.

A tailored uniform WILL look like the picture you linked to...just look at me

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
      shirt stays are the way to go...you do get use to them
      The only real answer.^^^^

They problem of popping off can be eliminated easily, and the hair pulling stuff is overblown.

If you want to keep your shirt tucked in and wrinkle free, thats really the only way.

Comment

^^^^^^^second^^^^^^
        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

I recommend the stirrup style shirt stays...

http://www.amazon.com/Stirrup-Style-.../dp/B001LQ5LT2
          Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

I have a good tailor who customizes all my uniform shirts. She gives a huge LE discount and I only pay about $10 per uniform garment from her. I find that it is the best way to look good in my uniform and also stay the most comfortable.

I tried shirt stays, hidden belt thingie, military tuck. You're not going to look like Capt. America after jumping a few fences or bending over to pick up your dropped item. I just get the circumfrence of my top tailored to the point that I don't need any type of fold over or Military tuck to make it look good.

Just take your top to a tailor along with your body armor. Put your armor and top on and have them tailor it to your body and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

thanks guys for all the help, Im bringing my stuff down tomorrow to get tailored.

Comment

Ask this guy. No matter what he seems to get into his uniform never looks sloppy.

Last edited by MDPOLICE; 04-06-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I wish they'd make shirts for officers who are in shape. I wear 17-1/2 neck shirts, but the waist easily has six to eight spare inches. Here's a thought: Make the standard cut for in-shape officers, and make the fat guys have to get the custom tailoring.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                    I wish they'd make shirts for officers who are in shape. I wear 17-1/2 neck shirts, but the waist easily has six to eight spare inches. Here's a thought: Make the standard cut for in-shape officers, and make the fat guys have to get the custom tailoring.
                    +1000

Comment

I know I am bumping my old thread a bit but I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who posted in here. I finally got around to getting my pants/shirts tailored and bought a pair of stirrup style shirt stays and I LOVE them. I look so much more crisp and clean and my shirt actually stays tucked in for the most part. Thanks guys! Now if I could only get my department to change the color style of our uniforms....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2695 users online. 120 members and 2575 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X