Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military rocket launchers for police officers.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    Originally posted by espantoon View Post
    What do you think of military rocket launchers for police officers?
    You don't already have those in your department?

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    how about what was mentioned in another thread... a guy with a sub machine gun from a helicopter??

Leave a comment:

• MCSD
    replied
    Ahaha, great topic title, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Glock40
    replied
    Rocket launchers would definitely cut down on high speed chases.

Leave a comment:

• espantoon
    replied
    Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
    I have long advocated the creation of a "slap" button for dispatchers and desk officers. When the person on the other end is an idiot, you press the slap button, and it sends an electrical discharge (think taser shock) through the lines and into the ear of the caller....
    You see, this is how things get invented! What we need to do is get it set up so the phone receiver is also a defibrillator. Then, the patient calls 911 and saves himself before the cops show up and argue over who's not giving mouth-to-mouth while waiting for the medics.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
    Then 9-1-1 operators will want something similar for really rude, demanding callers.
    "Lady, I have two buttons here. One will send an officer over to talk to you. The other one blows up your phone. Which one do you want?"
    I have long advocated the creation of a "slap" button for dispatchers and desk officers. When the person on the other end is an idiot, you press the slap button, and it sends an electrical discharge (think taser shock) through the lines and into the ear of the caller....

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    You missed the incredible benefit rocket launchers would give towards officer morale.
    Yeah, as long as every officer can have access to them.
    Then 9-1-1 operators will want something similar for really rude, demanding callers.
    "Lady, I have two buttons here. One will send an officer over to talk to you. The other one blows up your phone. Which one do you want?"

Leave a comment:

• Chomp
    replied
    You missed the incredible benefit rocket launchers would give towards officer morale.
    I don't think this point can be emphasized enough.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    But they are sooooooooooooo noisy. Couldn't we use helicopters with giant magnets instead?
    there'd be a surge in Corvette ownership among our clients...

Leave a comment:

• 10-7Alpha
    replied
    Originally posted by espantoon View Post
    What do you think of military rocket launchers for police officers?

Benefits of rocket launchers for police.

A military rocket launcher is superior to other vehicle immobilization devices in my opinion. Rocket launchers have a greater range and are less likely to injure the deploying officer. Those of you who have seen what happened to the officer who was hit by the car while deploying stop sticks know what I am describing.

Possible drawbacks of rocket launchers for the police.

Rocket launchers used by police might possibly increase the risk of collateral damage to the public, and officers who miss the vehicle they are attempting to disable would likely cause injury to others.

Maybe we should stop seriously replying to this sort of post. I can't be the only one who thinks there's an unpleasant ulterior motive here.
    What about the use of PRGs for crowd control. Because you will not be able to get the vehicle mounted MK19 everywhere it needs to go.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Shouldn't this have been posted in Firearms?

I'll settle for grenades. I want an M-203 or, better yet, an MK-19.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    BTW, is the military rocket launcher Asian friendly? you know according to Saunders, Asians are small and tiny, so make sure that the launchers are not any bigger/heavier than old LAW system.

Leave a comment:

• stbspd
    replied
    Originally posted by M1garand View Post
    Man, are you related to Saunders? LOL! I propose M1A1HA for NYPD to patrol around some areas of Brooklyn.
    DAMN YOU, you beat me to it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Man, are you related to Saunders? LOL! I propose M1A1HA for NYPD to patrol around some areas of Brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• dontknowwhy
    replied
    I feel my department is interested and would benefit greatly from the use of rocket launchers. Two questions though: 1. Do they come in magnum? 2. What vest do you recommend since we have to have a level which will protect from our own weapon?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3307 users online. 133 members and 3174 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X