Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bail Out Bag

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bail Out Bag

    alright, so weather you call it bail out bag, a bug out bag, a war bag, an active shooter bag or what not. what are you all keeping in your bag, and do you have any recommendations for the bag it self.

  • #2
    I use this bag for an active shooter bag. I put two AR15 magazines in the mag pouches and I out trauma medical supplies in the main compartment. My rifle has a Redi-Mod, so I already have two magazines at the ready on the rifle itself plus extra batteries in the grip for my weapon light.

    Comment


    • #3
      1) Ballistic helmet (primary purpose for purchasing the bag in the first place).
      2) Spare set of cuffs
      3) Approx 1 dozen flex cuffs
      4) Spare tac flashlight
      5) Spare Knife
      6) Multi-tool (Leatherman-type tool)
      7) Sunglasses with quickly-interchangeable clear lenses)
      8) Binoculars
      9) Two packs of Quick-clot
      10) Two tourniquits (sp?)
      11) 10 extra rounds of 00 buckshot and slugs (10 of each - until my department manages to issue me an AR15 or refurbished M16...)
      12) Bottle of water and PowerBar
      13) Sharpie markers (black and red) for marking doors if doing a big building search or something similar...
      14) A few of those hand warmer things that you take from the packaging, shake, and they stay warm for many hours on-end. They come in pretty handy sometimes in Seattle-area winters.

      Most of that stuff I already had as spares in my locker, some of it was free from my local hospital, some was already kept on-hand by my department. One addition I do want to make is loading the bag with 3 spare pistol mags, but those are a little bit cost-prohibative right now...

      Comment


      • #4
        I recommend a chest rig type setup for active shooter situations. The MOLLE attachments allow for the varied placement and easy access to items such as rifle mags, flashlight, etc. without fumbling through a bag. You can slip it on in just a few seconds and it leaves your hands free to access the mags for reloads. I am thinking about making a chest rig that will accommodate an 8" x 8" SAPI plate will stop multiple 7.62 hits. What do you guys think about a setup like that?
        John Wilde
        Wilde Custom Gear
        [email protected]
        "We know that not everyone gets a second chance. We do it right the first time."
        A Law Enforcement owned and operated business
        www.wildecustomgear.com

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          A plate carrier is not a bad way to go. I would use a plate carrier instead of the active shooter bag, but using a pool car along with trunk space limitations make me reluctant in buying one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Apart from my full EMT bag that I always have with me in my truck, I have a small trauma kit with a mechanical tourniquet, pressure bandages, quick clot, occlusive bandages, duct tape, etc... that attaches to my belt and can be hooked around one of my thighs if need be. I.V. equipment is kept in a camelbak backpack with spare mags, flex cuffs, spare metal cuffs, etc. I figure I am more likely to be in a shootout in the desert so I plan on the likelihood that I will be wearing my camelbak with me.
            Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wildman5427 View Post
              I recommend a chest rig type setup for active shooter situations. The MOLLE attachments allow for the varied placement and easy access to items such as rifle mags, flashlight, etc. without fumbling through a bag. You can slip it on in just a few seconds and it leaves your hands free to access the mags for reloads. I am thinking about making a chest rig that will accommodate an 8" x 8" SAPI plate will stop multiple 7.62 hits. What do you guys think about a setup like that?
              At least one of my co-workers decided to go with this setup instead. I think it's an awesome setup, although VERY EXPENSIVE. He paid over $1100 for his chest rig with chest plates rated highly enough to stop rifle rounds... If I could afford one, I would. Unfortunately shelling out $1300 to fix my car tomorrow puts my family under enough financial strain as-is...

              Comment


              • #8
                Not a plate carrier but a couple SWAT guys have em and love em....makes everything up front and accessible....slips over head and would only take a couple secs to put on.....cheap price too...

                http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE843-1.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cheaper than Dirt's plate carriers are in the 60-90 dollar range and hold up pretty well. I've had one for Urban Search and Rescue for a while now. Haven't used it with SAPI plates or anything but the guys I know who do haven't complained. Makes a pretty good stand-alone vest for carrying pouches without plates if you just want something to throw over you in a hurry.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We are really getting things confused here. All of these items are completely different. There are some good topics on the board here, but believe me that a WAR BAG, BAIL OUT BAG and and ACTIVE SHOOTER LOAD are COMPLETELY different. Please read on:

                    WAR BAG:
                    This is a large bag that includes whatever you need to get through the shift as well as any event that may unfold keeping you on the road for an extended period of time. These include riot equipment, food, water, spare clothing such as socks underwear etc. Also included here is cleaning equipment, paperwork, etc.

                    BAIL OUT BAG
                    This is a grab and go bag you can take with you when you need to be away from your car and potentially away from support. Depending on you AO this may include water/food/batteries to keep you sustained in the desert, or perhaps heavier clothing in a cold weather environment on a perimeter.

                    ACTIVE SHOOTER LOAD
                    Gunshots are occurring and people are dying. This is a fighting load meant to get you to the source of lethality and allow you to rain the hate on the bad guy. Door chocks, tactical medical equipment, 550 cord, extra ammo, etc are all included in this load. It can be carried in a bag, plate carrier, chest rig, etc. DO NOT GO CHEAP ON THIS!!! We are talking about potentially lifesaving/life taking equipment. Go with brand name reputable gear, not Cheaper Than Dirt, etc. When you are hit and you buddy can't drag you off the X because your chest rig you bought from "saveabuck.com" fell apart, shame on you.

                    TIPS

                    1. look realistically at what you want to set up. A "catch all" system will probably fail at all three of the above. I have three seperate, distinct set-ups as described below:

                    - MY WAR BAG:
                    I have a take home car. My entire car is set up as my war bag. I have redundant food, water, clothing, etc spaced throughout my vehicle. If I get held over, a disaster strikes, etc, I am still good to go.

                    -BAIL OUT BAG
                    I have a small shoulder bag that I can "grab and go" should I need to sit on a perimeter for several hours away from my car. Depending on the weather, I adjust it accordingly. Winter time I add hand/feet warmers. Summer months I add extra water. I also have some power bars, basic medical equipment, extra radio batteries, etc.

                    ACTIVE SHOOTER GEAR:
                    I have an ICE Tactical plate carrier with front/back SAPI plates. On the front I have 2 M4 magazines, a spare Glock magazine, IR strobe light, multitool, etc. This rides on my passenger seat. I can (and have) throw the vest on while responding to the call. Once I bail out I grab my rifle and that gives me a total of 4 M4 magazines, 3 glock magazines and various accessories on me. I always carry a CAT Tourniquet attached to my boot so I'm gtg.

                    The key here is to be able to rapidly move to the threat and end it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very good info!!!

                      Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
                      we are really getting things confused here. All of these items are completely different. There are some good topics on the board here, but believe me that a war bag, bail out bag and and active shooter load are completely different. Please read on:

                      War bag:
                      This is a large bag that includes whatever you need to get through the shift as well as any event that may unfold keeping you on the road for an extended period of time. These include riot equipment, food, water, spare clothing such as socks underwear etc. Also included here is cleaning equipment, paperwork, etc.

                      Bail out bag
                      this is a grab and go bag you can take with you when you need to be away from your car and potentially away from support. Depending on you ao this may include water/food/batteries to keep you sustained in the desert, or perhaps heavier clothing in a cold weather environment on a perimeter.

                      Active shooter load
                      gunshots are occurring and people are dying. This is a fighting load meant to get you to the source of lethality and allow you to rain the hate on the bad guy. Door chocks, tactical medical equipment, 550 cord, extra ammo, etc are all included in this load. It can be carried in a bag, plate carrier, chest rig, etc. Do not go cheap on this!!! We are talking about potentially lifesaving/life taking equipment. Go with brand name reputable gear, not cheaper than dirt, etc. When you are hit and you buddy can't drag you off the x because your chest rig you bought from "saveabuck.com" fell apart, shame on you.

                      Tips

                      1. Look realistically at what you want to set up. A "catch all" system will probably fail at all three of the above. I have three seperate, distinct set-ups as described below:

                      - my war bag:
                      I have a take home car. My entire car is set up as my war bag. I have redundant food, water, clothing, etc spaced throughout my vehicle. If i get held over, a disaster strikes, etc, i am still good to go.

                      -bail out bag
                      i have a small shoulder bag that i can "grab and go" should i need to sit on a perimeter for several hours away from my car. Depending on the weather, i adjust it accordingly. Winter time i add hand/feet warmers. Summer months i add extra water. I also have some power bars, basic medical equipment, extra radio batteries, etc.

                      Active shooter gear:
                      I have an ice tactical plate carrier with front/back sapi plates. On the front i have 2 m4 magazines, a spare glock magazine, ir strobe light, multitool, etc. This rides on my passenger seat. I can (and have) throw the vest on while responding to the call. Once i bail out i grab my rifle and that gives me a total of 4 m4 magazines, 3 glock magazines and various accessories on me. I always carry a cat tourniquet attached to my boot so i'm gtg.

                      The key here is to be able to rapidly move to the threat and end it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by salvationguy07 View Post
                        Very good info!!!
                        X2 good insight
                        Chris

                        XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar


                        http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i guess what i'm calling a "bail out bag", you are calling an "active shooter load". all good information so far. i'm down to having to choose between some type of plate carrier or a bag. i like the 5.11 bail out bag for the molle attachment points and magizine pouches on the exterior of the bag. also the bag space would also for tactical door stops etc. all the schools in my area are huge.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
                            We are really getting things confused here. All of these items are completely different. There are some good topics on the board here, but believe me that a WAR BAG, BAIL OUT BAG and and ACTIVE SHOOTER LOAD are COMPLETELY different. Please read on:

                            WAR BAG:
                            This is a large bag that includes whatever you need to get through the shift as well as any event that may unfold keeping you on the road for an extended period of time. These include riot equipment, food, water, spare clothing such as socks underwear etc. Also included here is cleaning equipment, paperwork, etc.

                            BAIL OUT BAG
                            This is a grab and go bag you can take with you when you need to be away from your car and potentially away from support. Depending on you AO this may include water/food/batteries to keep you sustained in the desert, or perhaps heavier clothing in a cold weather environment on a perimeter.

                            ACTIVE SHOOTER LOAD
                            Gunshots are occurring and people are dying. This is a fighting load meant to get you to the source of lethality and allow you to rain the hate on the bad guy. Door chocks, tactical medical equipment, 550 cord, extra ammo, etc are all included in this load. It can be carried in a bag, plate carrier, chest rig, etc. DO NOT GO CHEAP ON THIS!!! We are talking about potentially lifesaving/life taking equipment. Go with brand name reputable gear, not Cheaper Than Dirt, etc. When you are hit and you buddy can't drag you off the X because your chest rig you bought from "saveabuck.com" fell apart, shame on you.

                            TIPS

                            1. look realistically at what you want to set up. A "catch all" system will probably fail at all three of the above. I have three seperate, distinct set-ups as described below:

                            - MY WAR BAG:
                            I have a take home car. My entire car is set up as my war bag. I have redundant food, water, clothing, etc spaced throughout my vehicle. If I get held over, a disaster strikes, etc, I am still good to go.

                            -BAIL OUT BAG
                            I have a small shoulder bag that I can "grab and go" should I need to sit on a perimeter for several hours away from my car. Depending on the weather, I adjust it accordingly. Winter time I add hand/feet warmers. Summer months I add extra water. I also have some power bars, basic medical equipment, extra radio batteries, etc.

                            ACTIVE SHOOTER GEAR:
                            I have an ICE Tactical plate carrier with front/back SAPI plates. On the front I have 2 M4 magazines, a spare Glock magazine, IR strobe light, multitool, etc. This rides on my passenger seat. I can (and have) throw the vest on while responding to the call. Once I bail out I grab my rifle and that gives me a total of 4 M4 magazines, 3 glock magazines and various accessories on me. I always carry a CAT Tourniquet attached to my boot so I'm gtg.

                            The key here is to be able to rapidly move to the threat and end it.
                            Good info., here's mine, im still workin on some of the stuff.

                            BAIL OUT BAG (still working on)
                            - I just ordered me a Blue Force Micro Bag with velcro adapters. Im running 3 Glock 21 mags, 3 M4 Mags, extra flashlight. Im also running several medical items all from aspirin up to tourniquets, bandages or other such items. I carry some admin stuff in there too but not too much. I have some power bars and healthy high in protein snacks. Cool thing about the Micro Pack is that you can ordered different type of velcro adapters to cutomize your pack to whatever you want whether its a fully medical bag or fully Im gonna go take out an army out bag full of ammo. I have a mixture of ammo, medical items and food. Things that are going to help win a fight that might take a couple of hours.

                            ACTIVE SHOOTER LOAD OUT -
                            I have a PIG Plate Carrier with level 4 plates. Im running (2) double, single stack mag pouches (TT pouches from Blue Force, awesome) for a total of 4 mags on the front, plus one in the weapon and plus another that goes on my mag pouch that's on my duty rig. Im currently running the Bladetech pistol mag pouch combo which lets me carry my 2 Glock 21 mags and has a small space to insert a M4 mag behind the pistol mags. So thats 6 M4 mags plus 3 more M4 mags that are in my BOB and a total of 6 pistol mags. On my PIG Plate Carrier im also running a Blue Force dump pouch and a Blue Force Quick Release medic pouch which carrier only essential items that I might need incase someone gets shot. On the back of my Plate carrier im wearing an ArmorBak CamelBak that fits perfectly. My active shooter loadout has what I need to bring the fight to the bad guy and win in a short period of time.

                            WAR BAG - NO MONEY LOL not in a rush for this, thats why I work for a big agency where the supervisors carry this LOL But I will start working on this soon...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Based on the type of gear you're carrying I'd be shocked if you and I weren't on another forum together, i.e. lightfighter.

                              Ntraining,

                              Granted I haven't used the 5.11 bail out bag, everything else I've used of their has sucked worse then a toothless street walker after a double dose of heroin mixed with a sedative. The issue, in general, with bag-type active shooter loads is that you really throw your balance off. Unless you are training regularly not only to shoot with the bag, but also more importantly to FIGHT with the bag. I have a small bag called the Take-out Bag but Extreme Gear Labs. It holds 3 M4 mags on the exterior and is velcro lined inside to take any velcro backed pouch. It fits between my Crown Vic seats. The issue was after training I really couldn't get comfortable using the bag as intended, i.e. a "fighting bag." My reloads were too slow for my liking and I couldn't get the bag to sit well with my gunbelt. I've been using it for the last 3 years as my bailout bag and it is PERFECT. Extra ammo, medical supplies, food, handwarmers, etc.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6165 users online. 336 members and 5829 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X