300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.11 Covert/CCW shirt review

Not the most exciting topic I know, but good off duty/CCW, plain clothes stuff is not easy to find. Considering the cost (suggested retail of $39) it's a damn good product which makes CCW easier.

- Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I have a few of these...good stuff....nice review Will.
    Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I tried it and did not care for it much. The bulge was very obvious and unnatural.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post
        I have a few of these...good stuff....nice review Will.
        I need to get a few more colors myself.
        - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          I tried it and did not care for it much. The bulge was very obvious and unnatural.
          Compared to any other button up shirt of similar design? Obviously, depends on carry rig and size of gun. I tend to wear T shirt underneath and leave unbuttoned if gun/rig is large enough to make obvious print.
          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Carrying a Glock 27 in a pocket was more comfortable, more convenient and less obvious. With a weapon inside the shirt, one side of you chest or abdomen will stick out more than the other. Bulges in pockets are less obvious and less suspicious.

Comment

That's what she said.
              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

LA Police Gear had a sale on them - buy one get one free. But I think they're out them by now.
                They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                  LA Police Gear had a sale on them - buy one get one free. But I think they're out them by now.
                  That's a good deal!
                  - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Yes, it was a clearance sale, and I bought two. At $20 apiece, they are good dress shirts.

Comment

Get a good holster and you'll never have that problem again. I'm 5-10/185 and can carry my SW M&P .40 duty gun with me in my Crossbreed Supertuck under a POLO SHIRT (yes, a polo shirt) and you'll never see it. Wear a button up shirt like the 5.11 above and no one would ever suspect a thing. Again, that's with my full size duty gun. Throw my SW M&P .40c in the Crossbreed holster and I can conceal it under a t-shirt. Again, yes, I said a t-shirt. The same simply can be said even remotely with an OWB holster. Get a proper holster and there will never be a noticeable bulge.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLancelot View Post
                        Get a good holster and you'll never have that problem again. I'm 5-10/185 and can carry my SW M&P .40 duty gun with me in my Crossbreed Supertuck under a POLO SHIRT (yes, a polo shirt) and you'll never see it. Wear a button up shirt like the 5.11 above and no one would ever suspect a thing. Again, that's with my full size duty gun. Throw my SW M&P .40c in the Crossbreed holster and I can conceal it under a t-shirt. Again, yes, I said a t-shirt. The same simply can be said even remotely with an OWB holster. Get a proper holster and there will never be a noticeable bulge.
                        Why would you carry a gun under a polo shirt? It's hard to get to. The purpose of the 5-11 covert shirt is to enable you to get at the gun easily.

Comment

I can't watch your review right now because I'm at work, but I'm sure it's an excellent video and a nice shirt, Will. I just don't understand these shirts that are marketed as "CCW" or "Tactical". I remember seeing some "Tactical" polo shirt somewhere and the only thing that made it different from any other polo shirt was the extra little pen pocket... probably for a $200 "tactical" pen. For CCW I just wear a t-shirt and gun IWB. If I'm carrying something large or want to go OWB, I just throw on some $9 button up shirt from Ross on top of my t shirt and leave it unbuttoned.
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                            I can't watch your review right now because I'm at work, but I'm sure it's an excellent video and a nice shirt, Will. I just don't understand these shirts that are marketed as "CCW" or "Tactical". I remember seeing some "Tactical" polo shirt somewhere and the only thing that made it different from any other polo shirt was the extra little pen pocket... probably for a $200 "tactical" pen. For CCW I just wear a t-shirt and gun IWB. If I'm carrying something large or want to go OWB, I just throw on some $9 button up shirt from Ross on top of my t shirt and leave it unbuttoned.
                            All fair points. There's nothing "tactical" about the shirt. As you know, it's usually a marketing buzz word to sell stuff. Paint it black, call it "tactical" and charge more....the shirt really does have some well thought out touches that make CCW that much easier, and that they are just a good shirt for under $40, makes it a solid option. I do the same thing you do, T shirt, button up shirt left open, works most of the time for me as civi CCW who is OWB guy.
                            - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Yes, it was a clearance sale, and I bought two. At $20 apiece, they are good dress shirts.
                              Even if just worn as shirts that offer no advantage over other shirts for CCW, where can you get a well made shirt like that for $20? It's the price point of the shirt that sold me even at full retail, still a good deal. With my stocky build, I have a tough time finding shirts that fit right, and the cut of the shirt works well for me. Like any clothing, will work with some body types better then others.
                              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12494 users online. 435 members and 12059 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X