300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspenders - under outer vest carrier

I'm looking to get suspenders for my uniform.

We're not allowed to wear suspenders, however, since I wear an outer vest carrier, I could wear the suspenders over my uniform shirt then put my outer vest carrier over it and no one would see it.

(I don't want to wear the suspenders that go under my uniform.)

What ones do you guys know of that are good?

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

I'm looking to get suspenders for my uniform.

We're not allowed to wear suspenders, however, since I wear an outer vest carrier, I could wear the suspenders over my uniform shirt then put my outer vest carrier over it and no one would see it.

(I don't want to wear the suspenders that go under my uniform.)

What ones do you guys know of that are good?

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/
    Live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weakness, and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by rwandrie View Post

Thanks, but that's exactly what I don't want.

Comment

Tactical Tailor makes quality stuff, although I don't do suspenders.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/ledutybeltsuspenders.aspx
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I just have black Dickies suspenders. The clips are black and just tuck underneath so you can't see them. And I wear a outer carrier that covers up the straps. It really does seem to help my hips.

Comment

I have considered the same idea.

Tactical Tailor, Diamondback Tactical, K&H, Orca, are the ones that I can think of off that top of my head. Avoid Uncle Mike's like herpes, they suck goat.

You guys that have outer carriers, who made them? Opinions?

Comment

I have the Orca ones. Wore them quite a bit when I first picked them up years ago, haven't touched them in awhile though.

I'm familiar with all the ones you listed eleven bang bang. I recommend Orca.

http://www.orcacustom.com/

Comment

I have had the Uncle Mike's suspenders for some time now, they do the job fine.

As for the outer carrier, ours were made by a Nate's Leather in Chicago. What's nice about them is they can add pouches and pockets to your carrier so that you can mount flashlights, handcuffs, pistol/rifle mags ect.

Another big perk is the fact that it only takes -10 seconds to take it off. Or you can just open it up when it's hot.

Here's their webpage link: http://www.natesleather.com/

Comment

The issue I had w/ Uncle Mike's is that the "breakaway" feature is garbage, and will unsnap way too easy. The slider in the back also will not stay high enough either. IMO and experience, the other choices are vastly supeior.

One company I left out was Blue Force Gear. Good kit.

Comment

My Chief has recently approved for me to wear an outer vest carrier but he does not want me to wear one of the Tactical ones with the all the pockets. He prefers the carrier that looks like your uniform shirt. My questions is does any company make one that has the belt keeper attachments similar to the type used in tac vests to connect to the duty belt. To me this would be better than suspenders. It would keep the belt up and the vest down, but I cannot find one anywhere. Any comments on this or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

JG Uniforms can do what you are describing.

Comment

I was recently approved to wear the outer vest carrier. I thought it was a hassle to wear the inner vest, and that it was time for a change. With all of the hours I put in during the hot summer, it became very uncomfortable. I used to wear my inner carrier to events, such as the county fair. I would leave at the end of the day with sweat marks all over my uniform which made it look very unprofessional. Now with my outer carrier, it's so much more comfortable, and you will not see any more sweat marks. It's the most comfortable thing I've worn! I love my outer carrier. It's a lot cooler in the summer time, but oddly warm in the winter.
                        Fuc*ing REALLY?!

Comment

Like brader was saying, that is what I do.

JC
                          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious,nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from That Guy who stole it from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                            The issue I had w/ Uncle Mike's is that the "breakaway" feature is garbage, and will unsnap way too easy. The slider in the back also will not stay high enough either. IMO and experience, the other choices are vastly supeior.

One company I left out was Blue Force Gear. Good kit.

The Uncle Mike's "break away" system is crap.

What I did was cut the threads that made the "bend" and now they are straight like regular suspenders, work much better that way.

I wish the "tactical tailer" suspenders idea had been posted before I bought my Uncle Mikes. lol. But the Uncle Mikes work fine now.

Definitely make my back and hips feel better, so I'd say suspenders are a great choice. Might save my back over the course of 25-30 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                              The Uncle Mike's "break away" system is crap.

What I did was cut the threads that made the "bend" and now they are straight like regular suspenders, work much better that way.

I wish the "tactical tailer" suspenders idea had been posted before I bought my Uncle Mikes. lol. But the Uncle Mikes work fine now.

Definitely make my back and hips feel better, so I'd say suspenders are a great choice. Might save my back over the course of 25-30 yrs.

Lol.

If you're wearing it under your uniform, the Uncle Mike's should do fine. The Blue Force suspenders are thinner and have an elastic cord in the back, allowing for some flex. They would be my choice, if didn't already own the Orca suspenders.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12529 users online. 500 members and 12029 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X