300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High gloss boot shine

In the academy there was a guy who applied this paste/paint to his boot tips and it gave them a high gloss finish. Anyone know what that stuff is call or where I can get some?

I work in a rural area and my boot are always getting dirty and I would love not having to hand wax/shine them 4-5 times a week.
    Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Parade Gloss
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Parade gloss is a boot polish with a high silicone content. It will still scuff and you will have to shine the boots often.

Leather luster is what you are looking for. However, I think it looks like absolute crap.

Comment

I've heard that parade gloss will damage boots in the long run. No clue if that is true or not, I've always avoided it on the off chance it did. Besides it works just like regular kiwi, you will still have to shine

The stuff you are thinking about is usually called something like instant shine.... it will crack and look like crap in the long run. I've also heard about leather luster as Sabre mentioned. But in my experience, there are really not too many "instant" short cuts for shinning boots.

Comment

Leather Luster. I used it on my boots in the academy, and threw them in the dumpster an hour after graduation. Since then, I just spit-shine my boots every day. Try Lincoln shoe polish - it's better than Kiwi.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
            I've heard that parade gloss will damage boots in the long run.
            I actually called Danner on this. They person that answered the phone told me that the silicone in Parade Gloss will make the leather too soft and could cause it to come apart. They recommend against using a silocone-based polish. They have a list of "approved" polishes. Kiwi isn't on the list, either.

Comment

When I hand shined, I would use Lincoln wax to get a really good base coat, then use Kiwi hi gloss on the tips and make it shiny. Lincoln wax will actually do a better job than hi gloss, just takes a little longer. I now wear a pair of boots enough to break them in/ get a toe crease, then use very thin coats of leather luster forward of the crease and on the heel. Eventually the leather luster will chip, but that is a WHILE later and is easy to re-apply. I think it looks good (esp on day shift since polish will melt off) and is pretty hassle free.
              Originally posted by Ceridwen
              Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Leather Luster, the stuff is great, been using it for years with no problems, just re-apply as needed, or use the leather luster stripper to take it all off if there is a problem, and re-apply. How you can tell its leather luster and not a normal shine, is it looks too good, and can cover all of the leather in a way that would otherwise require you to buy a small third world illegal to polish your boots night and day…

http://shop.leatherluster.com/
                Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

I've heard good things about Lincoln and Kiwi. Most everyone I know (myself included) uses Kiwi Black (Regular). I just got the Kiwi Black Parade Gloss... so I'm looking forward to that. Although, I have one buddy who swears by Lincoln, so...
                  sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
                  I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

I was in training with a former british airforce guy. Apparently back in the day they used Harrier nose cone paint (as in the jet). haha. He swore by it.

Comment

They make stuff that is called kwik shine it is a liquid that gives a easy shine that doesn't last..... I have seen people use mop and glo but the best is a good paste, time and elbow grease. Once you get a good shine it only takes a few minutes a day to keep it.

Comment

Parade Gloss by Kiwi is what I use, I learned how to shine my boots from the Marines and I really like to use the Parade Gloss. As with any boot, as they scuff, your going have to shine them. Invest in a good boot dauber and boot brush. Apply the polish in small circles with the dauber, wait a minute or two for it to set in, buff off with the boot brush. Then take a soft cotton cloth and soak the cloth in warm water, wring out the excess and rub your boots down. Works well for me
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious,nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from That Guy who stole it from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Leather Luster would get you gigged in our academy. 1.Clean 2. thin coat of polish 3. Heat w/ blow dryer 4. buff w/ soft cloth 5. repeat 2,3,4 6. thin coat polish, rub in with damp soft cloth till high shine appears. 7. (optional) light mist of furniture polish, buff with soft cloth.
                          "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                          but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaylaw View Post
                            Leather Luster would get you gigged in our academy.
                            Same here. Polishing was mandatory.
                            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I used the Kwikshine Kiwi crap in a bottle in one of my academies. Eventually it cracked and looked like crap. Those boots became my getting dirty/motorcycle riding boots off-duty.

I didn't like Lincoln wax. Perhaps the mass quantity my academy issued was just old and that was the problem, but I think there is no substitute for good old fashioned Kiwi. I do like to shine them real nice with Kiwi then throw a coat or two of Kiwi Parade Gloss on it.

Leather luster looks like crap in my opinion too. I think it looks like you were too lazy to polish your boots so you just spray painted them. I've also heard once you use it, you'll always have to use it or your boots will look even worse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6460 users online. 377 members and 6083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X