Duty Gear in NYC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Gear in NYC

I'm going to NYC on vacation in a few weeks and I'm looking to buy things like a weaponlight and maybe a Safariland holster.
    Does anyone know where I can find a good place to buy duty gear, preferably on Manhattan?

There are several places in Mahattan including NY Ironworks (near 1PP - police hq), Schlesinger's, and Junior's (near the police academy). See below.

They are all kind of pricey.

ny ironworks,inc.
    - www.newyorkironworks.com
    219 Park Row, nyc - (212) 566-6028

B Schlesinger & Sons Inc
    - www.schlesingeruniforms.com
    249 West 18th Street, New York - (212) 206-8022

Juniors Police Equipment Inc
    211 East 21st Street, New York - (212) 673-4877
    Al Bundy for President

Comment

Thanks alot. What is considered pricey in the U.S is not necessarily pricey by swedish standards so I'm thankful for all your tips!
      Any other suggestions?

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 01:22 AM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I had never heard of ITAR before so thanks for the heads up.
          But from what I can tell ITAR is there to protect US defense technology and products.
          The gear I'm thinking of buying is already sold in Sweden but at a somewhat higher price. Could really me bringing something home for personal (LE) use be a vilolation of ITAR, would seem strange to me.
          I would think that the swedish customs authority would be the only ones I'd need to deal with...

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 01:15 AM.
            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Allright, thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to make sure I'm not in violation or just refrain from purchasing.

Comment

Or you can buy it here and just send it to yourself by UPS or Fedex???
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

This isn't an issue, if you're buying things like lights and holsters, I have colleagues who've been over in NYC for the Paddy's Day Parade, and have brought stuff like this back without problem.
                  OUTBREAK, Limericks Zombie Festival 2011

Comment

Umm... buy what you wish.
                    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4679 users online. 179 members and 4500 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                    X